Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Taurus PT-92

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Combat_Diver View Post
    I modified several surplus M9 mags for it by just cutting a new notch. Those mags would then work in either arm.
    Years ago, someone offered a jig/template for making that mod. Anyone remember who/where?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My FIL loaned me his nickeled/chromed PT92 several years ago. I modified several surplus M9 mags for it by just cutting a new notch. Those mags would then work in either arm. Dropped in a M9 barrel/locking block and it worked also. Remember the Taurus is just a original Beretta 92 design. No letter after the designation ie -S, -F, -FS etc.

CD
    I did not know the Taurus can use the Beretta locking block.

I remember the first PT92s had the mag release located at the base of the grip and a frame mounted safety. I am certain they are directly compatible

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    My FIL loaned me his nickeled/chromed PT92 several years ago. I modified several surplus M9 mags for it by just cutting a new notch. Those mags would then work in either arm. Dropped in a M9 barrel/locking block and it worked also. Remember the Taurus is just a original Beretta 92 design. No letter after the designation ie -S, -F, -FS etc.

CD
    I did not know the Taurus can use the Beretta locking block.

I remember the first PT92s had the mag release located at the base of the grip and a frame mounted safety. I am certain they are directly compatible with the Beretta mags.

I really wanted one after a 1980s glowing review in Guns and Ammo. From everything I have heard since, the G&A article was accurate.

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Years ago, someone offered a jig/template for making that mod. Anyone remember who/where?
    I measured the distance down from the feedlips at the time, tedious task. Simpler solution is to remove the mag catch on the Taurus, insert surplus M9 mag, and mark mag thru mag catch hole. I also modified M9 mags in Afghanistan for Tisas select fire pistols and S&W SW9E. Same modified mag works in same gun. SIG 226/M9 mag bodies are also the same, just cut new notch to work in both pistols.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I measured the distance down from the feedlips at the time, tedious task. Simpler solution is to remove the mag catch on the Taurus, insert surplus M9 mag, and mark mag thru mag catch hole. I also modified M9 mags in Afghanistan for Tisas select fire pistols and S&W SW9E. Same modified mag works in same gun. SIG 226/M9 mag bodies are also the same, just cut new notch to work in both pistols.

CD
    When I was carrying a M11/226 out forward, my armorer gave me a couple modified M9 mags to use as reloads. I think it was a common practice.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234