Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT-92

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I had one and had no real complaints except the magazines were not interchangeable with Beretta Magazines. I believe it was only the cutout for the magazine release, but that was enough for me to sell it.
    IIRC, there’s was an article that showed a minor mod to 92 series mags to work in both. It’s been a long time so bear with me on it, could be wrong…Come to think of it I’m gonna ask my cousin if he heard the same info and if he has done the same to stock mags.

Feedback Score
    I bought a PT-92 just out of curiosity about ten years ago. It’s a good pistol, only downside is the mags aren’t compatible with my Berettas, also don’t care for the (unsightly) integrated lock on the backstrap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Or just "Taurus 92" as Taurus calls it these days. I'm starting to see these appear on various sites again, generally in the $480-ish range.
    When real Berettas are so close in price and parts for them soooo commonly available and easy to find - Why settle for a clone or copy?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    When real Berettas are so close in price and parts for them soooo commonly available and easy to find - Why settle for a clone or copy?
    Because it has a frame mounted safety/decocker that Beretta refuses to put on a pistol at a reasonable price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Because it has a frame mounted safety/decocker that Beretta refuses to put on a pistol at a reasonable price.
    Yea...but the kit to turn an FS into a G (decock only) is about $50 last I checked.

Don't have to worry about a "dead" trigger after that.

Mec-Gar makes a quality PT-92 mag. I forget the capacity. 17 or 18.

My problem with classic-framed 92's (Beretta and Taurus) is the grip. It's just big enough to cause grip issues for me.

And the HK LEM trigger in a more compact gun has won me over. If I get a full-size 9mm pistol it's going to be another HK P30 but full-size. If I wanted another full size striker gun it would be a VP9 (9mm) or S&W 2.0. (9mm or 10 mm)

The PT92 needs to be pretty inexpensive to undercut the Beretta's. Especially with the neat A4 version. Railed, optic ready, slim grip panels, smaller Vertec grip frame.

Feedback Score
    With the inflation nowadays, the PT-92 isn't the deal it once was unless you can find a sale.

Feedback Score
    I had a PT940 in the past, witch is a PT92 in .40S&W.
    Not bad guns, but grip is BIG for my small hands, heavy overall and the trigger is far from great.
    Overall, I moved to Glocks and never looked back.
    All in all, when somebody asks me about witch handgun to buy, I say... go Glock.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    My thought too and I don't have a problem with the slide mounted safety. As for Taurus, I had an early model PT1911, when they were very cheap. It ran quite well, no complaints and I was able to sell it for the same price I bought it for a couple of years later since their value had risen. I was my first 1911 and it made a favorable impression on me for the 1911 design.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Is the Taurus 92 worth a look or is QC still suspect with this gun?
    Was the QC ever suspect with the 92-series Taurus's?

A used matte-nickel PT92 was the first handgun I bought when I turned 21 @ 1992. I put untold thousands of rounds through it trouble-free before I sold it because it was "just a Taurus". I've looked at getting another for nostalgia's sake, but they're pretty proud of those now.

Pretty hard to mess up the functioning and reliability of the Beretta 92 design. I've had a few 80's vintage Taurus's (92, 66, 689, 85), never an issue with any...as reliable as any other fireamr I've owned and more accurate than most.

A newer designed/produced Taurus? F' that...

I bought a G3 last year and that thing was the absolute steamiest pile o' stuff I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo China View Post
    I had a PT940 in the past, witch is a PT92 in .40S&W.
    The PT100 is a PT92 in .40S&W. The PT940 was a related design.

Feedback Score
    The PT 92 seems to have been defect free enough to avoid a recall. This hasn't been the case with many of their other models, though. From US civilian users to US and Brazilian Police. Of course, Taurus is hardly alone when it comes to recalls.

https://gunaccidentjournal.net/2021/...pistol-defect/

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast