Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taurus PT-92

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anything made by Taurus is a hard pass for me personally.

I’d probably rather have a Turk than a Taurus.

Feedback Score
    Dang I missed this thread when it was fresh, I got one about 20 years ago, higher magazine capacity out of box. 17 rnds. Plus safety location, grip panels suck been a no frills fully functional reliable. I'd probably trust it further than the 92FS I got that's a Italian made. I've had great experience with it, seems to be higher quality than the original. Other than plastic grip panels.
    NRA Life Member.

Feedback Score
    Decided to take the plunge and picked this up from my FFL the other day. Came in a basic cardboard box, but didn't these used to be shipped in a plastic case? Slide is marked "PT 92 AF-D". Came with two 17 round mags marked "Made In Brazil". This is the sole PT-92 model listed in Taurus' 2022 catalog, so maybe they're on the way out?

Feedback Score
    That looks great. Let us know how it shoots.

Feedback Score
    Don't forget about the compact version of the PT 92. It's called the PT 911, though they no longer import it. They made this version with a closed slide for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Came in a basic cardboard box, but didn't these used to be shipped in a plastic case?
    I bought mine over five years ago and it came in a box.

Quote Originally Posted by blade_68 View Post
    grip panels suck been a no frills fully functional reliable.
    My PT 92 came with rubber grip panels.
    Last edited by Bret; 08-11-22 at 18:11.

Feedback Score
    Taurus nowadays seems to be focused on their compact guns (G3 series, GX4, etc.). From what I can tell, they appear to be selling well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    The Girsan 92 copy uses 92 mags, that is enough for me to pick it over the Taurus. That said there are a LOT of happy Taurus PT-92 owners in the world.

Andy

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Taurus overall doesn't have a good reputation, but these pistols are made on machinery that was originally setup by Beretta. I like my PT92 so much that I bought a PT911. It's basically like a Beretta compact without the open top slide.
    I think its safe to say the machinery set up by Beretta has been worn out and replaced by now

Andy

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I think its safe to say the machinery set up by Beretta has been worn out and replaced by now

Andy
    Yep, they are not using those old machines 40 years later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My FIL loaned me his nickeled/chromed PT92 several years ago. I modified several surplus M9 mags for it by just cutting a new notch. Those mags would then work in either arm. Dropped in a M9 barrel/locking block and it worked also. Remember the Taurus is just a original Beretta 92 design. No letter after the designation ie -S, -F, -FS etc.

CD
    De Oppresso Liber

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast