Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lordy I love the 1911

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I'm torn... I really want a full size top tier 1911 in 9mm. My day of shooting .45 are over. It's just not fun anymore.

I'm really leaning towards a full size STI 2011 for capacity. It's not as nostalgic, but it's a heck of a lot more practical. A single stack Wilson or Nighthawk is a lot more sexy though. I can not afford both. I can only have one full size though... 1911 or 2011... Decisions, decisions.
    There was a time I was shooting 1,000 rounds of .45 a month. Now I am lucky if I get to the range one every other month, even though I do manage to do one IDPA a month. I no longer shoot .45, it's all 9mm, all Glock.

My shooting needs have evolved over the years and I sold all of my 1911s. I miss them, but was shooting them less and less.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Yeah, I'm holding off on buying that Nighthawk President because it will be nothing more than a range gun and safe queen to be ogled over. I don't have the funds to buy that and maintain a practical carry/defense inventory. I will not EDC a $5000 grail gun. I will get one when I retire instead of a watch.
    Life is short, if a weathered well-loved aesthetic is something you'd enjoy, I'd just start living in the moment, as it were.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    I recently received a Government 1911 in .45acp from Ed Brown. To me, it seems to be softer shooting vs. my Colts. I’m thinking maybe because the Colts are more loosely fit, the slide is slamming back during recoil. Maybe on the Brown, because the pistol is fit much tighter, it’s slowing things down somewhat.

Feedback Score
    Cut my teeth on Glocks, berettas, and Sigs. Got a Springfield Mil Spec 1911 a few years ago. Then got a Springfield Loaded to have an example of old school and new school. It’s over for me. I’m in too deep now. I like 1911’s a lot.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When I got my Colt I thought of it as an occasional range toy only. That was in 2012, now it's the only pistol that goes everytime I head to the range.

Feedback Score
    My 9mm isn't my favorite 1911, but.........

1911 9mm.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234