Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lordy I love the 1911

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Yep.

I have a “beater” Wilson 9mm Single Stack I use for “introduction to handgun” for new shooters.
    Have yet to hear anyone make a negative comment.
    1.8 sec. Bill Drills are about average with it. I cannot do that with a .45.
    You might make me a convert...lol

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Wasn't the original Commander a 9mm? For me, the alloy frame Commanders feel amazing when you handle them, they are just so well balanced. Being 10 oz lighter doesn't hurt, of course.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I love the 1911 too. See my on-line name. I have many and prefer it to any polymer striker fired pistol. There is one on my hip in a Summer Special as I type this in my favorite coffee shop.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Wasn't the original Commander a 9mm? For me, the alloy frame Commanders feel amazing when you handle them, they are just so well balanced. Being 10 oz lighter doesn't hurt, of course.

Andy
    Yes it was Andy. Colts entry in 1951 when the "Army requested a replacement for the 1911 chambered in 45 ACP".
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1911's are fun and every pistol enthusiast should have one (or two) just because its a classic! Like having a pump action shotgun, a lever rifle, a revolver, a bolt action rifle; classic firearms but they also serve a modicum of utility. My version of 1911's are a 2011 Staccato C single stack, and Dan Wesson guardian, both in 9mm. Both fun and brutally accurate without a RDS. However, for EDC, Glock 19 RDS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    A steel frame 1911 in 9mm is the essence of cheating.
    For those of us well over age 50, it's more about evening the odds. My days of shooting hand howitzers are long past. I "can" still shoot a .45, I just don't want to. Cheating?

U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    To each his own. I shoot the 1911 better and I still don't trust dots on self-defense pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    1911's are fun and every pistol enthusiast should have one (or two) just because its a classic! However, for EDC, Glock 19 RDS.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Lordy I love the 1911

I picked this one up today. Love them as well.

Last edited by HKGuns; 04-27-22 at 19:50.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It is a stunningly enduring design compared to other WWI pistols, what is not to love?

Andy

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    For those of us well over age 50, it's more about evening the odds. My days of shooting hand howitzers are long past. I "can" still shoot a .45, I just don't want to. Cheating?

X infinity

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast