Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Share your 9mm 147 gr subsonic subgun recipe

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Now it sounds like I'm risking my guns with this combo of stepped-case's reloaded with 147 gr bullets.
    It's not risking anything other than a stoppage. I have one sitting on my counter at home. It's just a little bulged and won't go fully into battery. AND the shelf brass easy to spot during normal brass prep and loading... you may not have any.

As far as crimped 9mm brass, I toss that in the recycle bucket if I catch it. Not worth the effort like 5.56 is.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    It's not risking anything other than a stoppage. I have one sitting on my counter at home. It's just a little bulged and won't go fully into battery. AND the shelf brass easy to spot during normal brass prep and loading... you may not have any.

As far as crimped 9mm brass, I toss that in the recycle bucket if I catch it. Not worth the effort like 5.56 is.
    Okay, thanks.

I've got 1k mixed fired cases and 1k bullets. Once I put them together I dont plan to load / reload 9x19 anymore.

I know with a brief inspection I saw crimps and CBC in there. S&B, too.
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-21-22 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    It's not risking anything other than a stoppage.
    What do you mean? I have seen 2 damaged guns because of them. One was repairable, one was total loss.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    What do you mean? I have seen 2 damaged guns because of them. One was repairable, one was total loss.
    Because of what? A 147 gr loaded into "shelf" brass?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Because of what? A 147 gr loaded into "shelf" brass?
    Yes shelve brass.

Don't remember if they were 147 or not.

Some shelves are thicker then others, some are taller then others

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Ok. So what happened to these guns?

Feedback Score
    Ok. So what happened to these guns?
    They essplode

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    They essplode
    I guess so. I have my round on my counter at home. I can get a pic of it if anyone would like to see the issue.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    There is way too much good 9mm brass out there to worry about using stepped brass. I didn't know about them when I started 9mm loading and loaded up a bunch of different brands. Now I have junk ammo to blast through as some brass is tighter and not as suited for plated and lead bullets. I now sort brass by headstamp and the harder euro stuff and stepped brass go in the junk pile. The press runs so much better when the brass matches.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’d think loading a 147 in brass with internal shelf would bulge case so badly it wouldn’t chamber.
    But I’m not desperate enough to load one to prove a point.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast