Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 1 an 80% lower - manufacturer?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Form 1 an 80% lower - manufacturer?

I have an 80% lower that I would like to form 1 for an SBR. What do I fill in for the manufacturer? Do I need to engrave the manufacturer on the receiver? The receiver already has an engraved serial number and all the other markings.

Feedback Score
    The paper Form 1 says "Name and Address of Original Manufacturer and/or Importer of Firearm (If any)". This is just speculation on my part, but given that it says "if any", I'd think there would be an option to leave the field blank. You as the "maker" have to engrave your name, city, state, a serial number and the cartridge designation. Of course when someone uses a receiver manufactured by someone else, they can leave off the latter two since the receiver is already marked.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    I have an 80% lower that I would like to form 1 for an SBR. What do I fill in for the manufacturer? Do I need to engrave the manufacturer on the receiver? The receiver already has an engraved serial number and all the other markings.
    If it is not yet legally a firearm, there is no original MFG'er.

100% of all 80% receivers I have seen do not come with SNs or other markings other then selector markings.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluto View Post
    Who made the 80% lower? Did it come with the serial number or did you engrave it? If it came with the SN, I would just use that and the name of who actually manufactured the 80% lower. If you engraved the SN, then I really don’t know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From my experience with the ATF registering an 80% SBR, you put yourself down as the original manufacturer. You will need photos of the firearm to submit electronically to the BATFE to support your claim that you made the thing. I have an approved SBR so I know this works.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmsdog View Post
    You will need photos of the firearm to submit electronically to the BATFE to support your claim that you made the thing. I have an approved SBR so I know this works.
    Apparently you do not know how it works. You are not required to submit photos after you made it to prove you made it.

Feedback Score
    I e-filed to SBR a pistol where the model number wasn't listed on the drop down menu. They required me to send pictures of the manufacturer's markings on the receiver. I'd think they'd require the same for someone making their own receiver, but I could be wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Apparently you do not know how it works. You are not required to submit photos after you made it to prove you made it.
    Apparently the ATF has no idea how it works either, they are the ones that demanded photos before they would approve the Form 1

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmsdog View Post
    Apparently the ATF has no idea how it works either, they are the ones that demanded photos before they would approve the Form 1
    Apparently you do not know how English works either.

First claim is photos AFTER "you made the thing", second claim is photos BEFORE the "they would approve the form1".

You will need photos of the firearm to submit electronically to the BATFE to support your claim that you made the thing.

they are the ones that demanded photos before they would approve the Form 1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Apparently you do not know how English works either.

First claim is photos AFTER "you made the thing", second claim is photos BEFORE the "they would approve the form1".
    Reading the two sentences that dmsdog wrote, it's very clear that the thing he made was a firearm from an 80% receiver. He then had to get the Form 1 approved before SBR'ing it. I don't see the confusion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast