Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone have the new LaRue/VTAC sling?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart
    Assuming you have quick release mounts on your weapon, it's a truly "plug-and-play" sling. The sling is already threaded through the QR swivels. Just snap the sling on the QR attachment points fore and aft, and then all you have to do is adjust. No threading nylon through swivels or tri-glides or anything.

I see the LaRue rail has a built in swivel stop that limits swivel rotation to something like 20 degrees or so. But if you aren't running a LaRue rail, and you are using something like a MI attachment point on a non-LaRue rail, then it can swivel around and twist. Not sure what provisions exists for receiver extension or stock mounting points, i.e., if you are plugging into a Magpul or Vltor, will the swivel twist? What about a PR-4/16, would they allow the swivel to twist?

If you had a non LT rail and say a SOPMOD stock, you could mount the MI #6 (not QD, but doesn't spin either) and a DD CAR Loop receiver plate (I run this setup). There is no rotational concerns with this setup.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart
    Assuming you have quick release mounts on your weapon, it's a truly "plug-and-play" sling.

Not sure what provisions exists for receiver extension or stock mounting points, i.e., if you are plugging into a Magpul or Vltor, will the swivel twist? What about a PR-4/16, would they allow the swivel to twist?

Hey all,

Thanks for entertaining our new sling. We needed something to best utilize the built-in swivel sockets in our handguards and Magpul stocks.

The Magpul stock was intentionally designed to prevent rotation. When "plugged-in", the push-button SS is crowded-up against the stock, thus preventing any rotation. The LT-proprietary built-in non-rotation sockets are self-explanatory..

The easy-to-spot difference between this and the standard VTAC is our Fastex Quick Release with the sewn-in PBSS. The length changes are subtle, but can be seen with a ruler. In a nutshell, it's a custom model of Viking's already excellent VTAC design.

M. LaRue

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Brother B...Errr it is a PR 4. I'm not quite sure what the Alpha means, but for some reason it sticks in my mind...
    Too much gear.........too many part numbers.............its all running together..........Life is good.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    Too much gear??/ Say it ain't so Brother!!!
    The PR thing keeps me focused on that particular item.
    Sorta' like a very cool Strider Knife that has the initials of a friend....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Too much gear??/ Say it ain't so Brother!!!
    The PR thing keeps me focused on that particular item.
    Sorta' like a very cool Strider Knife that has the initials of a friend....
    Yeah, when is Strider going to introduce an Irish "PR" model? 2-1/2" blade, coyote G-10 Gunner scales, Multicam Eagle sheath?
    Aubrey<><

Feedback Score

Talking

Oh Aubrey...
    How deep the knife...
    I am hurt, truly hurt!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    LMFAO!!

Feedback Score
    That was totally wrong Aubrey, and you should be ashamed of yourself............

Thanks for the info Pat, it is all perfectly clear now, and that is one part number I won't mess up again.
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OK; I AM ashamed and have been struggling with how to redeem myself. I've settled on the following modifications to the original concept:

Strider Irish+ "PR-L" model: 3" double-edged blade, coyote G-10 Gunner scales, Multicam Eagle sheath with external pouch (for Vagisil tube ) AND a kydex IWB sheath .

I'd buy one.
    Aubrey<><

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234