Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Many Test Rounds Before You Call It GTG

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If the gun requires a break in period, usually about 200 will do it. Most guns don't need a break in period anymore, though. It's really only your custom 1911s that still do. Glocks and ARs should run like a top out of the box. If problems haven't reared their head in several hundred rounds then you can pretty much call it good to go. Doesn't mean there still can't be something wrong with it, just means the gun functions like it should, mechanically. It's like any other life saving equipment. You have to trust the manufacturer to have done everything right.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Honestly, nearly any quality modern pistol should just work out of the box. Maybe 100 rounds as a smoke test + familiarization.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I have a minimum of 5 magazines per handgun, I run a 100rds through each, rapid fire, if no problems, pistol and mags gtg.
    Pretty much this.

I go 100 rounds per magazine, so usually anywhere from 300-500 rounds.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I basically call it after approx 200 rnds of mag dumps followed by about 100 rnds of "civilized" testing. Not stupid wet but decently wet during tests. No cleaning, only lubing, during the mag dump phase.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Honestly, nearly any quality modern pistol should just work out of the box. Maybe 100 rounds as a smoke test + familiarization.

Andy
    I subscribe to this theory as well.

Feedback Score
    I have ner really counted rounds. to me its a ongoing process all of my pistols except for my PPK are good to go until they arent.
    I tried to follow the science but it simply was not there. I then followed the money, thats where i found the science.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone really know? Highly variable responses, whether 100, 250, 500, or ??? I shot 5 mags rapid fire through my G45 and G34, that was enough for me, but they are basic Glocks so... As the saying goes, your mileage will vary.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234