Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6.5 PRC.....what are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Watrdawg View Post
    I haven't started reloading myself yet. That is why I had Unknown Munitions load up the 156 EOL for me. Although I have pieced together everything I will need to do so. Just starting to set it all up. As far as a chrono I am using a MagnetoSpeed V3. I was looking for a Labradar but they are also about impossible to find. All of the reading I have done concerning which powders to use it seems as if RL26 is the most versatile powder. N565 pops up a lot when people are using the 156EOL bullets. Same with H1000. Then Retumbo. Although Retumbo is also as difficult to get as RL26. Over the last year I've been able to get a good bit of the 156EOL's. I haven't gotten any of the 143's or 147's. They have shown up here and there but since I have been concentrating on the 156's I haven't worried about them. In the next couple of months I'll start loading up some ammo and see what I can come up with.
    Thanks, sounds like you are at about the same place I am. I'll be putting my rifle together before fall and antelope season. Check back here and let me know any "new" details and I'll do the same. Cheers

Certified Colt, Glock, REM, Tikka, SIG & S&W Armourer
    "Infil, Hit Target, Mission Complete, Exfil, Easy Day"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mildot View Post
    What Hornady bullet are you using? The 143 or 147? & if both which did you find better? I only have the 147gr, in factory ammo to "break in" the barrel once I'm done building. I was able to find some 147 bullets. Thanks in advance.
    I think the goto bullet weigh for 6.5CM is the 140’s. We have shot them all but the bullet that is liked by most guns is 140’s. We have shot 130’s, 140’s, 143’s 147’s and 150 SMK’s. But the 140’s are liked the most by the most guns in our experience.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123