Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ithaca 37

Feedback Score

Ithaca 37

Last may I bought this nickel Ithaca model 37 Featherlight DSPS (Deer Slayer Police Special) from a private seller for $ 600. Built in 1981, almost new, shiny and pretty and a lot of fun to shoot

It has the somewhat bizarre Raybar front sight

Around the same period I saw a parkerized model 37 Featherlight made in 1976 for sale at the LGS, which was double the price. Six months later it was still there, I had a few late night drinks with the owner of the LGS and we struck a deal at $ 1000. Not cheap but those model 37 are as rare as hen’s teeth here in Switzerland.

I like having a pair of those

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Slam fire goodness.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Very nice. The Ithaca 37 has a ton of history behind it. Back in the 1970's Ithaca had a special program for police officers. If you ordered a Model 37 through this program, Ithaca would match the serial number to your badge number.

Feedback Score
    What’s good about a 37 ?
    Steel Receiver tough as nails !

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A 37 was my very first “real” shotgun. Always mad that I traded it away (the stupidity of youth).

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    A 37 was my very first “real” shotgun. Always mad that I traded it away (the stupidity of youth).

Sent from inner space
    I have the same sad story with my Winchester Model 12.

Back on the 37, there is something I've always loved about the short mag version. I wouldn't mind picking one up for my lightweight shotgun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I had a lot to choose from

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Slam fire goodness.
    Yep. My first issued shotgun at the PD was a parkerized Ithaca 37 just like OP’s. I was unaware of the slam-fire “feature” it had and during my first qualification I sent a load of buckshot over the target. That gun was tough as nails and fun to shoot.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Slam fire goodness.
    Yes, the early ones would do that. If not mistaken, those barrels would not exchange, but when they changed the interrupted thread on the barrel trunnion to be exchangeable, they also added the disconnector.

As a lefty, and waterfowl hunter, I liked the bottom ejection, when coupled with an installed left-handed safety.

Solid shotgun platforms! I recall the old Ithaca ads, showing how just the receiver itself was machined out of solid 6-pound block of steel, with over 100 machining operations.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    I had a lot to choose from

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
    What’s with the lime green and red furniture ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast