Thread: Need help with barrel selection, 18 inch 5.56

Feedback Score

Need help with barrel selection, 18 inch 5.56

SO I'm looking to build an 18 inch rifle. I have a heavy barrel SPR and a shorty so this will be a in between general purpose gun. I want it to be light and have a LPVO.

I was looking at Faxon's Gunner profile barrel but all the reviews say it's very heat sensitive. I'm open to say Faxon's Gov't profile, Ballistic Advantages Hansen profile, or Rosco's medium profile.

I'm hoping to keep the barrel weight as close to 30 oz or less, and under $300.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This thread is not appropriate for the Custom Build section of the forum.

Is there still a sticky at the top that explains what threads should be started here? There is.....so please read it and ask a mod on what to do with this thread.

One of my Faxon's bores when new was bad enough for me to never consider the brand again. Are the responses in your other identical thread not providing useful info? If not, feel free to ask your question differently to receive more useful info.

.....and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-14-22 at 00:49.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You ALREADY started this thread, and you did it in this subforum. You only get ONE thread about a given topic, per the general forum rules.

It didn't belong in Custom then, and it doesn't belong in Custom now, per the *specific* rules for Custom Build, which are cited in the stuck-threads at the top of the subforum's splash page, under the admittedly misleading title starting with "PLEASE READ THIS FIRST"

I moved your first thread to AR GD, where it belongs. Here's the link: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...n-18-inch-5-56
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons