Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: public service announcement: Sig MCX Gen 3 announced

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

public service announcement: Sig MCX Gen 3 announced

It's lighter and accepts AR15 triggers. Not sure what else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSB...Nmk9_pARFVjG0k

Waiting on the Raptor in 8.6BLK - that'll be my 'thumper'

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Its about time they dumped that 3 foot long sewer pipe off the front end
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Looks nice.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint_Ironstag View Post
    It's lighter and accepts AR15 triggers. Not sure what else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cSB...Nmk9_pARFVjG0k

Waiting on the Raptor in 8.6BLK - that'll be my 'thumper'
    The Spear that's being tested for the NGSW contract? The ones they released recently for $8000?

https://asc.army.mil/web/portfolio-item/fws-cs-2/
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Spear is in the video, but 44 seconds in he talks about MCX Generation 3, as in replacement for the current Virtus. Narrower hand guard, accepts AR15 triggers, and is lighter than current MCX Virtus.

The $8k spear is the limited edition with case, optic, suppressor, and ammo. Regular price should be just a little higher than current Virtus.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The MCX Gen 3 also has a reinforced handguard with two additional bolts holding it on. Likely to address complaints of massive zero swing with lasers. The Gen 3 has been seen in the background of other Sig announcements for some time and I have been waiting for it. Seems like meaningful improvements. The MCX-SPEAR is a whole other thing and I am waiting to see if I am interested in that as well.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 04-15-22 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    I don't like reducing the girth of the handguard. The Virtus/MCX handguards had a good reputation for staying cool enough to hold onto and frankly, that new handguard looks awful. We'll see if the new handguard retention method improves things, but I'm betting not and you'll still want any aiming devices mounted to the receiver rail.

Cohen must have found it excruciating to part with the additional pennies per receiver to return to those MCX era receiver lightening cuts. There was probably screaming and a sedative involved. Maybe they switched to a cheaper receiver alloy to compensate? Or cheaper tool heads?

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I've never really been interested in the Sig MCX... And I guess I'm still not even with this Gen 3 one.

Is there something appealing about it that I'm just overlooking somehow?

Feedback Score
    Double post.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 04-16-22 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    The MCX Gen 3 also has a reinforced handguard with two additional bolts holding it on. Likely to address complaints of massive zero swing with lasers. The Gen 3 has been seen in the background of other Sig announcements for some time and I have been waiting for it. Seems like meaningful improvements. The MCX-SPEAR is a whole other thing and I am waiting to see if I am interested in that as well.
    I see what you mean. My legacy MCX has a midwest industries rail that is pretty sloppy, but still better than the factory keymod one. I thought the virtus rail lockup was better overall?

Didn't realize a few tweaks were happening this soon after the Virtus line came out. Glad they finally brought out 7.62x39 after teasing it with the 556xi line, prior to the legacy MCX promise of conversion kits that never happened.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast