Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: public service announcement: Sig MCX Gen 3 announced

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    Cohen is a man who knows how to pinch a penny, how to spin a product, and how to schmooze with decision makers.
    But Cohen didn’t steer this ship, the Army did. Cohen simply answered the call. The army could have asked for normal MCXs in an improved 5.56. Or just followed USASOC with the URG-I.
    Last edited by call_me_ski; 04-22-22 at 09:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    That's just it. We are now primarily concerned with facing peer threats again. Russia and China are both issuing level 4/ESAPI type plates in large quantities.

There's already a manufacturer here in the US advertising a sub 7lb plate that can safely stop .277.
    China I would believe, but from what I have seen in the Ukraine thus far, Russia is a no.

I’m sure .277 with an “AP” style round might give any heavy armor trouble. Same goes for 6.5 Creedmoor etc. It would be nice if someone could show us some tests on Youtube (someone like LAV or someone with access to this sort of stuff).

Again, given our economic situation, I don’t know how these platforms will be sustainable unless they ditch everything else and produce them en mass.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    China I would believe, but from what I have seen in the Ukraine thus far, Russia is a no.

I’m sure .277 with an “AP” style round might give any heavy armor trouble. Same goes for 6.5 Creedmoor etc. It would be nice if someone could show us some tests on Youtube (someone like LAV or someone with access to this sort of stuff).

Again, given our economic situation, I don’t know how these platforms will be sustainable unless they ditch everything else and produce them en mass.
    You have to remember that this started off several years ago. Back when the myth of the big bad Russian bear was alive.

Today we know better. Even China doesn't give most of its troops body armor.

That said we might want to be prepared for that eventuality rather than get caught with our pants down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    You have to remember that this started off several years ago. Back when the myth of the big bad Russian bear was alive.

That said we might want to be prepared for that eventuality rather than get caught with our pants down.

Exactly. The Russian and Chinese could care less about body armor for their troops.

I am more concerned about our nation’s financial status, the “wokeism” infecting nearly every institution and the shear stupidity/Benedict Arnold crap our “elites” carry out in DC. Worrying about war with a major power is the least of our concerns when we can’t get our crap together.

Having said that, I would love to see a range test with this rifle. I want to know how well the Sig Spear holds up: barrel life, extractors, bolts etc.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    Exactly. The Russian and Chinese could care less about body armor for their troops.

I am more concerned about our nation’s financial status, the “wokeism” infecting nearly every institution and the shear stupidity/Benedict Arnold crap our “elites” carry out in DC. Worrying about war with a major power is the least of our concerns when we can’t get our crap together.

Having said that, I would love to see a range test with this rifle. I want to know how well the Sig Spear holds up: barrel life, extractors, bolts etc.
    Barrel life is a big question I have as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

I think with regard to our government and having our pants down... We're there.. Have we been caught yet?

Feedback Score
    Barrel life is a big question I have as well.
    If I'm not mistaken the commercial .277 round SIG offers isn't banging out 80K psi like the mil-spec load is. Isn't it around 65K? That 15K psi difference would obviously make a difference on wear and tear of critical components.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the commercial .277 round SIG offers isn't banging out 80K psi like the mil-spec load is. Isn't it around 65K? That 15K psi difference would obviously make a difference on wear and tear of critical components.
    I believe that Sig is offering two. An all brass .277 at 65k and one with a hybrid case at 80k.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I believe that Sig is offering two. An all brass .277 at 65k and one with a hybrid case at 80k.
    Interesting, thanks. Can us mere mortals get the 80K version?

I wonder how the ~ 15K psi difference would affect terminal performance? [the psi will obviously translate to a velocity range]
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-29-22 at 20:04.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Interesting, thanks. Can us mere mortals get the 80K version?

I wonder how the ~ 15K psi difference would affect terminal performance? [the psi will obviously translate to a velocity range]
    Supposedly at 4 dollars a pop.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast