Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Even Known Good Companies Can Produce Garbage

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    .077" isn't bad for a middy at all assuming no suppressor attached. Even then it wouldn't be terrible.
    It's not "bad" but it is on the larger side. Most mfrs of repute are sizing their 16" mid ports at .076, while Colt at one point had .071 on the 6960 CCU. I have a Centurion 16" mid choked down to .071 with a BRT gas block insert and it runs everything in all temps with an A5H1, and with considerably less felt recoil than "factory" offerings.

OP: Good job on the fix. I personally would have went with a #49 or even #50 bit, or better yet step-drilled it up in size with reamers. But, considering what you had on hand not a bad job.
    In heavenly love abiding, no change my heart shall fear;
    and safe is such confiding, for nothing changes here:
    the storm may roar without me, my heart may low be laid;
    but God is round about me, and can I be dismayed?

Feedback Score
    I’m just curious because it relates to the OP’s situation. During the barrel manufacturing process (like at FN) are the gas port holes drilled first and then it gets chrome lined, or the opposite? I ask this because I read enlarging the gas port at home can chip parts of the chrome lining off inside the barrel if you don’t have the exact machining for it & should only be done at the factory etc., but then again that might not be the case. Does anyone know? Thanks.
    “You can ignore reality, but you can’t ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.”- Ayn Rand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    You want to see video of the gas port from the bore side?

I wouldn’t sell you anything regardless.

You can be an asshole, just try not to be a SMUG asshole in my thread. You add no value here. Punk.
    You sound like the lefties melting down over Elon buying Twitter.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I don’t necessarily disagree with you.

However I was in the process of assembling and figured I would try to put it together right the first time and I don’t think I went too far with the port size, even though I can’t reverse it.
    Let us know how it functions with a variety of ammunition. If it functions, but appears to be slightly over gassed, please share that as well.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Throttle it back ---
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123