Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metal frames???

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm not feeling the angst over it. I love to be pissed off about stuff, but this isn't something that lathers me up.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    My point is that 'all metal' is an airsoft term. NO one called them 'all metal' 15 years ago when people were all going polymer. No one called a Hipower an 'all metal gun'. Berettas were 'alloy framed', CZs were 'steel framed', etc. I just think its a crap term taken from AS.

Shouldn't be allowed. Ban it.
    I think it may be because most people are brain dead idiots. They read a term like alloy and don't know what it means.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I think it may be because most people are brain dead idiots. They read a term like alloy and don't know what it means.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    We are definitely getting more stupid as a people every day.

Feedback Score
    "The revolutionary High Power takes everything you love about all-metal handguns to the next level with enhanced, modern features. Watch the video above to see the all-new High Power™."
    ref. https://fnamerica.com/highpower/

I believe the OP is speaking of FN's latest handgun called the "High Power" (not "Hi-Power", to differentiate it from the classic 1935 year model). I agree with Post 4, it's mainly to point out it's not a polymer-framed gun as many of the photos show an FDE-colored pistol in the advertisement and it'd be hard to determine whether that handgun is polymer or metal-framed, otherwise.

So it's not an old "HiPower", but a newer design/model. It's not referring to airsoft. It's not referring to "pot metal". and doesn't refer to aluminum alloy, which is also metal, or comparing aluminum alloy to steel.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4brian View Post
    We are definitely getting more stupid as a people every day.
    But that's ok because we got smart phones, smart TVs, smart cars, smart vacuum cleaners, etc. to make up for it, that's why why need smart guns so all the stupid people won't hurt themselves or others.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 04-23-22 at 13:49. Reason: damn spel check
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    But that's ok because we got smart phones, smart TVs, smart cars, smart vacuum cleaners, etc. to make up for it, that's why why need smart guns so all the stupid people won't hurt themselves or others.
    Amen.

Feedback Score
    I think it's mostly marketing appeal. I've been carrying glock 19s for 25 years and I've gone to a Langdon Beretta 92 compact. Just like the feel of metal. They may be trying to appeal to old fools like me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The few times I've read that a pistol is all metal, I do not immediately think of air soft. This thread is probably the first time I've thought of air soft this year, and likely didn't for the 2nd half (at least) of last year.

It's marketing to the unknowledgeable....not quite gonna call them stupid.....masses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12