Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed in Aero Precision

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Known failure point.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    Except that the failure point seems to be where the two rings interconnect up top, not at the lugs.
    I haven't seen similar failure reports for the Vortex Sport so I think one should expect better for a $100 mount. (MSRP on the Vortex is loony but it's a $100 mount.)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The mount is very attractive due to weight.

But I found a fatal flaw in mine. I can’t tightly get a scope in it with out the scope spinning. As you tighten it more the scope spins. My arisaka levels don’t help this.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I had one of these mounts for a short while just to try it out. They are an excellent example of "you get what you pay for." If you're priorities are lightweight and low cost then these are the mounts for you. If you want known durability, you've got to pay more. I would never put these mounts on a duty rifle.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For the sake of discussion, what would be the lightest weight one piece mount(s) that are considered durable enough for a duty use carbine with an LPVO?
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
    Bought one of their Ultralight 30mm Extended mounts for an LPVO. Got to the range to sight the optic in and before I got done, I noticed the mount broke. Is this normal? I thought Aero generally made pretty good quality stuff, but this doesn’t seem much better than the cheap Chinese stuff. Are they rebranded some Chinese mount and trying to pass it off as Aero? I’m pretty disappointed. Definitely not something I’d trust my life with.

Can't say you weren't warned.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    For the sake of discussion, what would be the lightest weight one piece mount(s) that are considered durable enough for a duty use carbine with an LPVO?
    I’d say the night force unimount. They are a little over 5oz I believe. A lot of the competitors like geiselle and badger are in the 7-8 oz range.

Scalar works makes a mount. It’s lighter, more expensive and more complicated. I’ve never put hands on one, so I don’t know how good it is. But honestly I never intent to but a mount that doesn’t have top half caps.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Scalar works makes a mount. It’s lighter, more expensive and more complicated. I’ve never put hands on one, so I don’t know how good it is. But honestly I never intent to but a mount that doesn’t have top half caps.
    I’ve got a 34mm one. Its lighter than my equivalent-ish ADM mounts, which I use with my 30mm LPVOs. It was kind of a pain to mount, but not terrible. It seems solid, but it hasn’t taken a real bad spill yet. I’ve also got a few G mounts, but replaced them with ADMs. The G ones are good, but overrated, IMO. Or, at least for my use. I’d like to try a Badger in the future. Everyone I’ve spoken to that has one thinks it is great, and I think they could be right.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    My DD has been a good solid LW mount that doesn't kill the wallet too bad like some others, but I prefer a taller mount.
    https://danieldefense.com/daniel-def...uble-ring.html. I think you could a lot worse for the money.

I really like my Scalarworks 1.93". Very LW with clean low profile, but damn that price tag is a killer. I swore I wouldn't pay 4 bills for a damn scope mount, but I'm a liar and probably will be again now that they have updated with their offset KICK mounts. I'd also like to try the Unity FAST mount and Badger C1. G mounts with Reptilia ROF have also been GTG.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    My DD has been a good solid LW mount that doesn't kill the wallet too bad like some others, but I prefer a taller mount.
    https://danieldefense.com/daniel-def...uble-ring.html. I think you could a lot worse for the money.

I really like my Scalarworks 1.93". Very LW with clean low profile, but damn that price tag is a killer. I swore I wouldn't pay 4 bills for a damn scope mount, but I'm a liar and probably will be again now that they have updated with their offset KICK mounts. I'd also like to try the Unity FAST mount and Badger C1. G mounts with Reptilia ROF have also been GTG.
    I like the looks of that DD for the price.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Ug-ly. Thanks for the pictures. Any more info would be appreciated.
    I have a DD mount but have considered trying out a Scalarworks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast