Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erratic Ejection Pattern

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tried other cabine lower on my upper & my lower on another upper. My lower is ok, But my upper still runs erratic to the point of ftf seems like soft ejection at a downward angle, mostly forward but walks back to 4:00 sometimes & distance it throws brass is 3 feet or less. Except whith the rifle lower with standard rifle buffer set up then it's 3:00 & sharp & uniform pattern, with a distance of 7 feet. I'm getting a H3 buffer & if that don't help it, I'll put a rifle buffer tube & buffer on it. I just rather have the versatility of the carbine system stock options.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    It sounds like it needs a new barrel at the least.
    Yeah, I was thinking that & that's the only reason I opened up the gas pot after trying different simple fixes & tearing the gas system down to check alignment & leaks. But it seems to run reliable with a rifle extension lower? So I'm gonna try a H3 buffer soon. I may have went from under gassed to over gassed but the symptoms never changed in-between.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking that & that's the only reason I opened up the gas pot after trying different simple fixes & tearing the gas system down to check alignment & leaks. But it seems to run reliable with a rifle extension lower? So I'm gonna try a H3 buffer soon. I may have went from under gassed to over gassed but the symptoms never changed in-between.
    0.093 on a mid length is ruined.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBobJoe View Post
    I may have went from under gassed to over gassed but the symptoms never changed in-between.
    This is why I suggest ditching the entire upper, bcg and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyohte View Post
    This is why I suggest ditching the entire upper, bcg and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, he's right. Even if it's not reliable a under gassed AR is better than having a over gassed reliable AR.
    Iol. Using a BCG that's been in a over gassed upper is like dating a stripper, it's fun but your wife may not approve.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=prepare;3028105]0.093 on a mid length is ruined.[/QUOTE

It's ruined when I say it's ruined, & not until I opened up the gas port bigger than Faxon does. Lol.
    Besides .093 is standard on a 18 inch middy, I'll just tell everyone my barrel is actually longer than it looks.
    Thanks for the advice.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 04-23-22 at 01:18.

Feedback Score
    " .093 is standard on a 18 inch middy "

The above notion has appeared two or three times ( going back to the original thread ) , and I think it says something about the big picture here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wouldn’t trash the .093 barrel, I’d figure out what is wrong and put the proper BRT gas tube to bring it in line with what is usually normal.

You’ve not said the results of changing out the one piece gas rings yet that I have seen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I wouldn’t trash the .093 barrel, I’d figure out what is wrong and put the proper BRT gas tube to bring it in line with what is usually normal.

You’ve not said the results of changing out the one piece gas rings yet that I have seen.
    I got standard 3 gas ring on my bcg's. As to the large gas port, I opened it after I tried everything short of another barrel. The BRT tube is a option after I get it to cycle with a heavy 3h buffer on a carbine lower. I just don't want to drop $60 on a gas tube, I might just put that cost toward a new barrel. I have other reliable AR's & just can't understand how this one stoped being reliable after it has been reliable for 3 years. I looked at all the usual suspects; extractor, bcg, gas leak in tube or gas key buffer & spring, ECT. I took off gas block everything looked good except the port was a bit tight at .063 I opened it up & trying different sizes on the way up to .093 not caring about size of port but reliability. I got it running reliable but with a rifle lower. The ejection & reliability is poor with every lower or buffer combo & has been since it began choking on feeding next round & weak ejection. I also wanted to put my experience out there for others, to learn what not to try or to try as each see fit.
    And possibly any suggestions that may help.
    I don't understand the condemnation some givefor large gas ports.
    A midlenth handles over gassing much better than some think.
    Thanks for being honest about.093 not being a ruined barrel. A ruined barrel is any barrel in a unreliable gun.
    I knew people would get rumpled with me opening up the Gas port but I'm a honest man with a honest problem looking for a solution.
    Thanks again to all who helped.
    In a few days I'm getting back out with a H3 buffer, if that doesn't work after that it's getting rifle extension & buffer.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 04-23-22 at 21:11.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post

Thanks again. For all the suggestions.
    Last edited by JoeBobJoe; 04-23-22 at 21:14.
    God, Family, Freedom.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast