Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: E15 Gasoline thoughts

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

E15 Gasoline thoughts

(since our deepest topic on guns is a damned grip screw)

Years back, (I can't remember if it was here or ARFtard) there was a member who worked for Chevron (I believe) and gave a lot of insight on gasoline quality and the E15 garbage blends, etc.

I've read/heard that the alcohol "they" add to gas is bad for your vehicle and hurts your mileage/performance. True??
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Yes.

E15 hurts mileage because ethanol contains less energy potential than gasoline does. The more ethanol is in the mix, the less potential energy by volume. But we still pay for "gas" by volume (gallons).

Ethanol also is more corrosive than gasoline, so fuel systems are at more risk of corrosion damage. Car makers adjusted fuel system components decades ago (c. 2000?) to compensate for this, but whatever the fuel system is made from, you're putting a more corrosive liquid into it.

Ethanol production uses up corn that could have been better used for almost anything else. It's climate-negative, generating more GHG than it saves. It drives up food prices, mostly indirectly by raising the cost of animal feed.

Feedback Score
    https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/ethanol.shtml

"Due to ethanol's lower energy content, FFVs operating on E85 get roughly 15% to 27% fewer miles per gallon than when operating on regular gasoline, depending on the ethanol content. Regular gasoline typically contains about 10% ethanol.5"
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Excellent. So here's my idea. If you fuel up and park your vehicle. Could you open the gas cap and allow the Ethanol to evaporate off?

Granted you'd effectively be increasing your fuel cost, but it would be better mileage and better for your car if it worked.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is a bad idea for a lot of reasons.
    Does nothing to help the auto perform and can reduce performance. If is much less efficient to use when you do all of the numbers from start to finish. Rewards Farmers who perhaps should be growing a more economical crop.
    And any society that burns its food is lost..

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Oh there's no question that the Ethanol fuel is exponential levels of fukktardation that does more harm than good. I'm trying to see if it's a good idea to vape off that shit from my gas tank when the vehicle isn't in use... or if that would even work.

I wish fuel level indicators were more precise. I'd open the cap over night and see if there were a measurable difference.
    Last edited by markm; 04-22-22 at 12:17.

Feedback Score
    If the predictions of food (grain) shortages come true this year, the use of corn for fuel might be arguable a crime against humanity.

Interesting how the dems will thow environmentalism under the diesel buss with the ethanol, and the release of oil from the strategic reserve when we might actually need it in the near future if this war spreads... and the MSM says nothing.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I basically never buy fuel that includes Ethanol. I've been using a phone app for several years called Pure Gas. It searches for nearby stations that sell fuel that is "pure", without added Ethanol. It even shows the octane the pure gas has, in case the user's vehicle requires premium. It indicates how far away the station is, and in what direction. Once I decide to use a particular station, I just click the entry in the app, and Google Maps opens to take me there.
    Last edited by grizzman; 04-22-22 at 13:04.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I doubt any normal fuel stations here in metro phx sell anything other than Ethanol polluted gas. I'm thinking that the obsession with our gas caps here with our emissions testing means that they want to trap the Ethanol and not let is vape out.

So popping the cap overnight might reduce the ethanol levels in my tank??

You know? I could experiment this with a little red gas can!!!

If it works on a small scale, I'm going balls deep on my idea!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If the ethanol evaporates off, then that'd be great. A simple test with a red gas can sounds valid to me.

The app's map shows that Phoenix has pure gas at Speedway Race Fuels (probably not a typical station), King Balancing, Streetfighter Motorsports (probably not a typical station), Phoenix Race Fuels (probably not a typical station), and Red Mountain Chevron.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast