Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprinco or colt extractor springs?

Feedback Score

Sprinco or colt extractor springs?

I started using Sprinco 5 coil springs in all of my bolts about 6 months ago after changing out an old extractor spring. So far they have held up great and worked as advertised. Lately I’ve been coming across some guys who don’t seem to found of them.

What’s your thoughts? Worth it or should I just switch to colt gold extractor springs?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm pretty sure you're not going to go wrong with either one. The theoretical advantage of Sprinco is they're supposed to outlast the Colt springs by a million rounds or so, but who knows? Sprinco works fine, just make sure, if you're around salt water, that you keep it oiled and you check for corrosion.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I have always used the Colts and even if sprinco did last longer, I never had issues with colt vs what I read on them from people who had. I will stick with them vs marketing wank.

Feedback Score
    It would be interesting if there were some type of definitive tests that could be conducted to settle debates like this. There have been a few industry professionals on here on both sides of the Colt spring vs the chrome silicon Sprinco version. Including some manufacturers that use the one or the other with positive results.

There's got to be more to it than opinion.

I haven't heard of SOLGW or Sionics having failures or issues with Sprinco nor have I heard of the new Colt spring falling short.
    Last edited by prepare; 04-23-22 at 09:36.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zack991 View Post
    I have always used the Colts and even if sprinco did last longer, I never had issues with colt vs what I read on them from people who had. I will stick with them vs marketing wank.
    SOTAR hype.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstud220 View Post
    I started using Sprinco 5 coil springs in all of my bolts about 6 months ago after changing out an old extractor spring. So far they have held up great and worked as advertised. Lately I’ve been coming across some guys who don’t seem to found of them.

What’s your thoughts? Worth it or should I just switch to colt gold extractor springs?
    Nothing at all wrong with having spare parts around.

Personally, I am not swapping out that spring in my DPMS carriers until one fails or starts to malfunction.

Just like I am not immediately swapping out the gas tubes (that they made / sourced the guns with) or their firing pins...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    SOTAR hype.
    I don’t think it’s hype at all I think it’s a quality spring and better than your standard extractor spring. I don’t get why some guys hate on sotar the guy just puts out good information trying to help people and is pretty knowledgeable.

Feedback Score
    I’m not trying to start a colt fan boy war I’m a fan of colt myself but it seems like most of the people who have anything negative to say about Sprinco haven’t actually used them and are just doing what colt fans do.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jstud220 View Post
    I’m not trying to start a colt fan boy war I’m a fan of colt myself but it seems like most of the people who have anything negative to say about Sprinco haven’t actually used them and are just doing what colt fans do.
    Colt springs are the same as what the military has been using for a long time to make extraction reliable in M4s and MK18s.

They are legit springs and work no matter where you source them.

Sprinco extractor springs work fine as well. I like the 4 coil better than the 5.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Colt springs are the same as what the military has been using for a long time to make extraction reliable in M4s and MK18s.

They are legit springs and work no matter where you source them.

Sprinco extractor springs work fine as well. I like the 4 coil better than the 5.
    I know you mentioned this before, but could you refresh my memory as to why you prefer the 4 coil? Was it just because the end are flat ground?
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast