Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First NFA Items

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

My First NFA Items

Greetings all! If this isn’t an allowed post, please feel free to delete it. Anyways, I bought my first two NFA items and am happy to join the club! Picked up a Colt factory SBR lower and a Surefire SOCOM suppressor in 5.56. Now for the waiting game! Will post when I actually take possession.

Feedback Score
    Welcome to the club. Did your dealer efile the Form 4?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We did E-File since they were both form 3s, so maybe, lol? I’m still new to all this. Excited to get them though, I’ve got a Colt LE6943 Upper and Surefire Warcomp waiting for them.

Feedback Score
    There's not a lot of logic involved in the process. They'd both come to the dealer on efiled Form 3's. Did you sign a paper form or was it all done online? The former would indicate a paper form while the latter would indicate an efile. Here's what your LE6943 will look like (top). I think my favorite thing about the LE694X rifles is the folding front sight. I don't understand why all AR15's don't come with them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yeah I look forward to it after having a 6940! Sharp rifles you’ve got there! The only thing I’m changing is the stock to a sopmod and if it has an MBUS I’m switching to MaTech. I did it all online btw. Next up will be an M16A2 when I find one (a factory original Colt) which I know will set me back a lot lol

Feedback Score
    M16A2's are near impossible to find, but they are out there. I lucked in to one that the previous owner had refinished in black by Colt. He sold it to me at a slight discount because the receiver finish wasn't the original gray. I prefer the black because I can mount pretty much any AR15 upper on it and it matches. Oddly enough, there are A1 lowers marked M16A2, so be sure you get good pictures of it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I missed out on one with a M203 not too long ago but I will find one eventually.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    There's not a lot of logic involved in the process. They'd both come to the dealer on efiled Form 3's. Did you sign a paper form or was it all done online? The former would indicate a paper form while the latter would indicate an efile. Here's what your LE6943 will look like (top). I think my favorite thing about the LE694X rifles is the folding front sight. I don't understand why all AR15's don't come with them.
    Those looks excellent! What are the barrel lengths?

Feedback Score
    10.3” and 11.5” I think. I also have the 14.5” and 16.1” versions. Oddly enough, the 14.5” one was $150 less expensive than the 16.1” version. I think it wasn’t a good seller because most people don’t consider a 14.5” barrel worth the tax stamp.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    10.3” and 11.5” I think. I also have the 14.5” and 16.1” versions. Oddly enough, the 14.5” one was $150 less expensive than the 16.1” version. I think it wasn’t a good seller because most people don’t consider a 14.5” barrel worth the tax stamp.
    I know there's a lot of heated debate about barrel length, but I think 11.5" is the ideal when using a suppressor, at least for me and that's why I'm going with it. With the Surefire can I estimate it would be about the same OAL as a 16" barrel, so plenty maneuverable. If I had to do some real CQB I guess I could always lose the can and hope my Ops Core ear pro will protect me from a very loud SBR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast