Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 19 Gen5 Trigger Upgrade Opinions

Feedback Score

Glock 19 Gen5 Trigger Upgrade Opinions

I'm planning on dropping a new trigger into my G19 Gen5. I'm looking for the usual stuff: Less pre-travel, cleaner break, less weight, less grit, etc. So far, I'm looking at the usual suspects: Apex, ZEV, and Agency Arms. Do any of these offer a noticeable upgrade over the OEM trigger/disconnector? If not, what are some other good options?
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There's also Overwatch Precision.

Before you go looking for a new trigger, how good are you?

I shot this at 25 yards with a complete stock OEM G19 Gen 5 using Federal HST 124 GR +p:

Attachment 67626

Using standard brass case 115 gr ammo I usually get mid to low 90's.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried the $0.25 trigger job and a minus connector yet? That’ll do wonders in a Gen 5, as will just shooting it. One of mine I started with the $0.25 trigger job and by two or three thousand rounds it was really a good trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Timney Alpha has gotten great reviews, BUT drops pull weight to around 3 lbs. No idea of your intended use for G19, but if you are OK w a 3lb trigger, I would check it out. Supposed to be super reliable, retains OEM striker spring so no light hits.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm planning on dropping a new trigger into my G19 Gen5. I'm looking for the usual stuff: Less pre-travel, cleaner break, less weight, less grit, etc. So far, I'm looking at the usual suspects: Apex, ZEV, and Agency Arms. Do any of these offer a noticeable upgrade over the OEM trigger/disconnector? If not, what are some other good options?
    Without doubt, my vote would be for Apex, but they do not have G5 triggers in stock, nor does Zev, Agency, Overwatch, etc. There has been a shortage of G5 triggers bars for quite some time, so all of the aftermarket manufacturers that have been mounting their trigger shoe to a $10 OEM trigger bar and charging the populous $150 for it have been out of luck. Some have speculated that Glock is limiting sales of parts to just Government and LE.

As an alternative, which is probably the only alternative, Apex sells their trigger shoe as a stand-alone part that can be easily attached to your OEM trigger bar, and it comes with their connector. IMO, it is slightly better than an OEM dot connector. If you can wait, Apex developed their own trigger bar in response to the shortage, which should be available in the next month or two, and has a redesigned trigger shoe.

On a side note, I have a hard time believing the "just shoot it" mentality still exists in 2022. Glock trigger shoes are absolute garbage, which is to be expected for a gun that probably costs $75 to make. Aftermarket triggers are an ergonomic upgrade, and attempting to work around a poorly designed trigger shoe makes absolutely no sense.
    Last edited by Press Check; 03-27-22 at 01:33.

Feedback Score
    There's an 8 page thread over on pistol forum about guns that fail in high round count training classes. The consistent theme is that guns that have been modified fail much more often than guns with OEM parts. Take it for what its worth...
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....istol-Training
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Timney seems to be very popular. I don’t know if they’ve been in circulation long enough to see the durability.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    There's an 8 page thread over on pistol forum about guns that fail in high round count training classes. The consistent theme is that guns that have been modified fail much more often than guns with OEM parts. Take it for what its worth...
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....istol-Training
    I had an aftermarket trigger for a Glock fail me in training. The maker didn’t act surprised. The pistol had 25,000 rounds on it and the trigger has been on it for 10,000. I did notice it would get quite hot in training classes or heavy range days. I don’t know if hear killed it or what, but the stock triggers have never done this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’ve broken a trigger pin, albeit on a g22. I’d expect a striker sure but not the trigger pin.
    Like fight club said “on a long enough timeline, everyone’s survival rate drops to zero.”

Feedback Score
    Good luck trying to get an agency. If you are persistent, you can scoop an overwatch though. I was also told from a reliable source that the issue is the number of oem trigger bars glock is allowing into the aftermarket.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast