Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Summer Carry

Feedback Score
    For me it's still just a Shield 9, haven't seen a need to get anything else in 10 years or so.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

Those Kahrs are the modern affordable alternative to the 70s ASP spy guns.
    I'd like to pick up one of those MK9's.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    G26 (gen 4)...Shield 9 (first gen)....G43 (first gen) and, on very rare occasions when I need something super small, a G42.
    Bad news never gets better with age.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    G17 or G19. Wearing a suit I can conceal either, and I wear causal shirts one size larger so as to conceal the G19. I hardly ever carry th e P365.

Feedback Score
    depends on what I am wearing, I have 2 maybe 3 Glocks I go too during the summer, if I'm wearing just shorts, I wear my Glock 43, if I'm wearing pants or a heavier material shorts then I move to the 43x. I also been known to carry my Glock 42 on occasion. In the winter time its the Glock 43X or Glock 26. Yess I love my Glocks

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

Those Kahrs are the modern affordable alternative to the 70s ASP spy guns.
    My K9 was the first pistol I bought for myself

I grew up shooting mostly revolvers so when I started trying new stuff I had a hard time finding something that suited me, I didn't like pretty much anything, I just didn't like the triggers. The first trigger I really liked was Beretta 92 that the owner had converted to double action only, but I didn't want something that big. Next was a PX4 that had an actual double action trigger, but I couldn't find one for sale and discovered they were pretty much only being sold to law enforcement. Then I discovered the K9 and fell in love, perfect size and weight, no plastic, and a trigger as nice as many of the revolvers I grew up shooting, and certainly far better than the triggers of most every other pistol I found.

As the manual said there were a handful of hiccups during the first roughly 100 shots, passing 200 the trigger felt even better and the hiccups disappeared, just as owners told me would happen. After the first case of 124 HST ran 100% I was sold and quickly ordered a second K9 and a bunch of magazines. I completely detail cleaned the first one and it has been my daily carry, the second one has been relegated to practice only and I beat the snot out of it, that way I don't have to fuss with cleaning my carry pistol.

Last edited by Dusty T; 06-14-22 at 14:50.

Feedback Score
    I carry a Kahr K40 or MK40 for years. Changed the ploymer followers to the Lakeline aluminum followers, added Wolff extra strength mag springs, and night sights. Picked up all of my Kahr K and MK series handguns for$400 or less. I love the Kahr steel frames. They are perfect EDC concealment pistols. I been on the lookout for a T9 and T40 now.

Got this K40 as a backup NIB from BudsGunShop for $300.

Feedback Score
    Its always summer, Glock 17/22 or 34/35 AIWB.
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910