Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Summer Carry

Feedback Score
    I am running a Lone Wolf 6" barrel that was sold as match. Not that I am sure it really is.

I am Running an Overwatch DAT poly trigger (https://overwatchprecision.com/polyd...gger-for-glock)

I have Overwatch connector in it and a 6 pound trigger spring.

All of the above gives me a great street trigger.

I have an Ameriglow front sight, and on the rear a Leupold Delta micro.

I have ground the heck out of the grip so it fits my hand almost like a CZ, I also JP welded a ledge for my right thumb to rest on.

It is an ugly gun, but it is a gun that I am willing to take with me any where in the world .

I look at the Glock thread and all the pretty guns. Then I look at mine, it is an ugly little thing. Last week I was doing some range work at speed on a friends property and I ran past a big over grown cluster of weeds which bordered grass that was a little long. Long story short in the middle of this mess was some barbed wire that was concealed from sight. I caught my pant leg on the wire and down I went. Glock and me landed on the top of a big rock that was 99% in the ground. We both got some pain out of it. If I had my $5k Hi Power, I would have cried. But all I needed to do is clean off the ugly little thing and she was good to go. It took me a week to recover.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned the enigma on this thread. I have one and love it. No more uncomfortable than carrying a traditional kydex with a belt. I would argue it’s even a little more comfortable at times cause the belt and material conform to your body better. Carry a g19 with an x300 and RMR at about 1 o’clock. I wore sweatpants in the winter and and starting to wear either basketball shorts or other elastic “nicer” looking shorts. So far the only thing that really prints is the RMR/ slide portion. I want to do another enigma setup and keep it more slick (no weapon light and possibly no optic) but unsure if I wanna give the 43x a try or stick with the 19.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    Glock 17 or 19.

Carried in a JM Custom OWB or Blade Tech IWB along with SKS mag carrier for extra mag.

Spyderco Knife and small flashlight.

Feedback Score
    119 (100%)
    Shadow Systems CR920, Tenicore Certum3 IWB/AIWB holster, Dark Star Gear mag carrier.

*** AMMO MATTERS ***

Feedback Score
    I dont know how people tolerate all-kydex for ISWB.

I've tried many and none approach the comfort of a hybrid.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I carry a J-frame pretty much any time I am not bathing or sleeping. But, when I am going some place that I think merits something extra I have a Langdon Beretta 92 I carry IWB with a untucked shirt. Typically with a spare mag in my pocket. I really don't care for mid-compact guns (in the 365-to G26 range even though I own them). I figure, if I am carrying something that requires more than dropping it in my pocket I am carrying the combat autoloader I shoot the best.
    My dad died, and my grandfather died, and my great-grandfather died. And the guy before him, I don't know. Probably died.

Norm MacDonald

Feedback Score
    Glock 19 or 23 in the Versa Max II IWB, under two untucked T shirts or a T and a button down. It's easier now that I wear the Origin-Maine jeans. 6'2" 220 no problemas. I never heard about some of these holsters, now must do some homework. In one agency a lot of guys wore the Thunderwear to look more normal. I can't get comfortable with a gun that close to my goodies, not judging just saying!
    In Vegas around 2002 there was a small store that had tons of holsters, even for us lefties. I wish there was something like that around here.

Feedback Score
    I'm 5'6 130# and living in the Southwest high desert where summers are routinely 100+
    I've been CCWing a Kahr K9 for several summers now with no issues

Last edited by Dusty T; 05-31-22 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356
    My dad died, and my grandfather died, and my great-grandfather died. And the guy before him, I don't know. Probably died.

Norm MacDonald

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356
    Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

Those Kahrs are the modern affordable alternative to the 70s ASP spy guns.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast