Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Carry

Feedback Score
    Have lived all over Texas and Gulf Coast for the last 43 year with ms gamboolgal.

I have been CCW'ing a G-26 for the last ~20 year in the Hot Humid South below I-10 for alot of those years. Before that it was J-frames for the most part.

You do need to dress around the gun.

The days of me wearing 29" Waist Wranglers and the tight Under Armor tee shirts are sadly - a long ago fading memory.... It was harder to conceal when I was younger and in shape.
    I had the Thunder Carry? Belly Band that I would use when jogging - it worked good.
    I used IWB Tucker Cover Up Holster for the few times i needed to get dressed up and wear a tucked in shirt.

Now being retired in my 60's - I dress in standard Southern Boomer dress, i.e., loose fitting Cargo Shorts, a real leather gun belts and untucked Fishing Shirts for most of the year. During Winter it is Cargo Pants and Long Sleeved Fishing shirt with a tee shirt under.
    Concealing is not a issue.

Not that it matters - but ms gamboolgal gave piles of my old "antique" trim and fit jeans to Goodwill when I retired last year - she said something to the effect of "you will not never need them ever again" my feelings were hurt....

gamboolman...
    Last edited by gamboolman; 04-26-22 at 04:27.

Feedback Score
    I guess I'm a weirdo in that I carry the same thing year-round. Either a CZ P07 or a 75D PCR. Both are compact-sized DA/SA guns with 15-round double stack mags AIWB. In the summer, I'm more careful about using tuckable holsters (Vedder light tuck or High Noon Alter Ego) since I don't have a sweater or jacket to cover everything. I don't really do the "dress around the gun" thing, since my job and position require dressing in a way that speaks of "trusted professional," so that's most of my wardrobe.

6'1" and ~205 lbs FWIW.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    How does pocket carry work in normal clothes? I’m 5’6”, 150lb, and I carry a P365 AIWB. I can see my dip can and cell phone in my pockets, no way I could carry a pistol there.
    A good pocket holster will break up the outline of the pistol.

This holster from J&J for the LCP Max is one option I use when wearing shorts. The back leather flap prints against your pocket and it just looks like a phone case or wallet. Your hand slides between the flap and the holster for the draw. Works pretty good. I also have a custom pocket holster on order from Robert Mika to try out.

One of my other pocket carry options is the P365 in a Desantis Nemesis. You need some big pockets to pull it off and it's a lot heavier which bothers me some. Which is why I mostly carry it AIWB.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Same MR920 I carry the rest of the year

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    P365XL appendix carry pretty much year round.

Feedback Score
    Man....you guys carrying the big guns, especially in the summertime are my heroes. I remember back when I had dreams of carrying full capacity medium-sized guns (see photo 1 dream carry short list). I bought each of those thinking it would be the best carry decision of my life. But apparently, being the world's biggest pussy, I'm relegated to the kid's table of the concealed carry world (see photo 2 for crushed dreams). Don't get me wrong, the P365 and 43x are quality pistols. It's just that yours is bigger than mine.

Stay safe!

Heavyweight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    i make two changes in how and what I carry during the warm season. I do not carry full size handguns and I make sure to wear a short sleeve collared shirt over a t-shirt when I carry. I usually carry my Springfield EMP-3 9mm commander 1911 IWB @ 4:40 with two extra mags in a holder on my belt. I also carry a Taurus 605 .357 OWB appendix with two reloads in my left front pocket for around the house, yard work and quick runs to the store.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Glock 34 with 6inch barrel, Leupold Delta Micro year around until Underwood makes the 357sig ammo I want then it will be a Glock 35 in 357sig year round with a 2300 fps bullet
    [mention]yoni [/mention] every time you describe what you carry, I get the feeling you a very large human being.

For context, I’m 5’6” and weigh 160lbs. I’ve been able to make a full size 1911 work, and later a G23, but it’s 1000 times easier for me to get my Kahr P9 to stop bulging.

I’ve never tried it, but I imagine if I were to try to conceal a G34, I’d look like I had a 2x4 nailed to my arse.

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    For 30 years, I carried a 2nd gen glock 17 OWB. Live in Socal desert area and in AZ where it gets up to 123. Cargo shorts with a T-shirt and an open fishing type of shirt or baggy hawaiian type shirt. Now I am retired and due to back surgery, I generally carry a glock 19 in either OWB or shoulder holster or off body carry in a sling bag. I always carry at least one and usually 2 spare mags.

My reason is that I want a true fighting chance if the SHTF and generally that means a true fighting pistol. As a CCW, I do not have backup, nor am I wearing anything that identifies me as a good guy. When the SHTF, I have had my wife or kids or grandkids. Lastly, in my experience, there is generally more than one dirtbag when the SHTF.

Regards, Steve

Feedback Score
    Wish I could say I don't carry smaller often in summer but often do 'cause Florida.

But really only if I'm going to be outside awhile. I might go down to an LCR on the belt with .32 mag in it and a Beretta M21 .25 in a kydex pocket holster. Extra ammo for both.

Not sure what I'll do this coming summer. I really don't like going down to the LCR. Not very powerful, only holds 6. There is some decent .327 mag ammo but recoil and noise are very substantial.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast