Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Summer Carry

Feedback Score
    I am running a Lone Wolf 6" barrel that was sold as match. Not that I am sure it really is.

I am Running an Overwatch DAT poly trigger (https://overwatchprecision.com/polyd...gger-for-glock)

I have Overwatch connector in it and a 6 pound trigger spring.

All of the above gives me a great street trigger.

I have an Ameriglow front sight, and on the rear a Leupold Delta micro.

I have ground the heck out of the grip so it fits my hand almost like a CZ, I also JP welded a ledge for my right thumb to rest on.

It is an ugly gun, but it is a gun that I am willing to take with me any where in the world .

I look at the Glock thread and all the pretty guns. Then I look at mine, it is an ugly little thing. Last week I was doing some range work at speed on a friends property and I ran past a big over grown cluster of weeds which bordered grass that was a little long. Long story short in the middle of this mess was some barbed wire that was concealed from sight. I caught my pant leg on the wire and down I went. Glock and me landed on the top of a big rock that was 99% in the ground. We both got some pain out of it. If I had my $5k Hi Power, I would have cried. But all I needed to do is clean off the ugly little thing and she was good to go. It took me a week to recover.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m surprised more people haven’t mentioned the enigma on this thread. I have one and love it. No more uncomfortable than carrying a traditional kydex with a belt. I would argue it’s even a little more comfortable at times cause the belt and material conform to your body better. Carry a g19 with an x300 and RMR at about 1 o’clock. I wore sweatpants in the winter and and starting to wear either basketball shorts or other elastic “nicer” looking shorts. So far the only thing that really prints is the RMR/ slide portion. I want to do another enigma setup and keep it more slick (no weapon light and possibly no optic) but unsure if I wanna give the 43x a try or stick with the 19.
    "Guns attract retards like moths to a porch light."-markm

Feedback Score
    Glock 17 or 19.

Carried in a JM Custom OWB or Blade Tech IWB along with SKS mag carrier for extra mag.

Spyderco Knife and small flashlight.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Shadow Systems CR920, Tenicore Certum3 IWB/AIWB holster, Dark Star Gear mag carrier.

Feedback Score
    I dont know how people tolerate all-kydex for ISWB.

I've tried many and none approach the comfort of a hybrid.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I carry a J-frame pretty much any time I am not bathing or sleeping. But, when I am going some place that I think merits something extra I have a Langdon Beretta 92 I carry IWB with a untucked shirt. Typically with a spare mag in my pocket. I really don't care for mid-compact guns (in the 365-to G26 range even though I own them). I figure, if I am carrying something that requires more than dropping it in my pocket I am carrying the combat autoloader I shoot the best.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Glock 19 or 23 in the Versa Max II IWB, under two untucked T shirts or a T and a button down. It's easier now that I wear the Origin-Maine jeans. 6'2" 220 no problemas. I never heard about some of these holsters, now must do some homework. In one agency a lot of guys wore the Thunderwear to look more normal. I can't get comfortable with a gun that close to my goodies, not judging just saying!
    In Vegas around 2002 there was a small store that had tons of holsters, even for us lefties. I wish there was something like that around here.

Feedback Score
    I'm 5'6 130# and living in the Southwest high desert where summers are routinely 100+
    I've been CCWing a Kahr K9 for several summers now with no issues

Last edited by Dusty T; 05-31-22 at 12:03.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dumb Gun Collector View Post
    Those all steel Kahrs are sexy AF. I remember when they came out in the late 90s and a lot of smiths were setting them up. They were WAAAAAY ahead of the shield/Hellcat/Sig356
    Around 2000 a friend talked me into getting a Kahr. We ordered two through our FFL, we chose the MK9 version. All stainless steel, compact frame/grip and short slide. We both enjoyed shooting our guns very much. Accurate (even for a short barrel gun), reliable (never had a malfunction) and good DA trigger pull. Since he was a holster maker, he made me a kydex OWB rig for carry. It was my carry gun for a long time until Kahr came out with the polymer frame models. So I sold the MK9 and got the P9 (full size). It too was a great carry gun.

Those Kahrs are the modern affordable alternative to the 70s ASP spy guns.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast