Thread: Some days you just get a little bit lucky, WINDY day

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Some days you just get a little bit lucky, WINDY day

We usually start our day with the 1,000 yard cold bore challenge. Grab a gun and try to pop the 1,000 yard target. Mark grabs the Bergara B14/ Wilderness with newly dropped in Triggertech Diamond. I give him DOPE and he pops the first round on target, I say go for two pop once again, I say shoot the group 5/5, the elevation was crazy consistent, only wind across the target. You would think that would not be that difficult but we change rounds, and powders and so to keep's it interesting. So I grab another gun and go 4/5 and its a windy day, which is nuts. I miss my 5th shot due to a head wind pushing my round down.

Now our 900 target is the lifesuck of the world, in a wind vortex on the tip of a windworld target, our most difficult target to hit. Much easier than our 1,000 target. Mark goes 4/5 and so do I. All 6.5CM. We switch to 308 and go back to 1,000 and kill it. Then we move to to our 750 target with a popper in the center of the target, Rem 5R 233 Bolt gun, our favorite to shoot. Mark goes 5/5 and I got 5/5 with 2/5 headshots / popper for center pops. Head shots and we are DOPPING wind.

Its getting hot so shade is a thing now in AZ.

Just occasionally the shooting Gods look down on us and say, YOUR WELCOME. I think nothing but the best for our amigos from M4.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-24-22 at 21:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My wife is done with school this week and the oldest is almost done with volleyball. I should have open weekends here in the next couple months. I need to let yall get some trigger time on the new 308.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    My wife is done with school this week and the oldest is almost done with volleyball. I should have open weekends here in the next couple months. I need to let yall get some trigger time on the new 308.
    Yea, hit us up anytime. Bring that bad 308 when you do.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Yeah! Get that barrel threaded and head on out. It's almost warm enough to shoot.

I think we missed the window to shoot the mile shot again this year. Mirage is getting worse each week.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Not much beats leaving the range when EVERYTHING worked.
    Well done!
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Not much beats leaving the range when EVERYTHING worked.
    Well done!
    We've done 4 week slumps where nothing was clicking.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That’s what makes “everything worked to expectations, and we shot lights out” so special.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah! Get that barrel threaded and head on out. It's almost warm enough to shoot.

I think we missed the window to shoot the mile shot again this year. Mirage is getting worse each week.
    Already is!
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    When you buy an 8 million dollar gun you can't see the threads. Nice.