Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swiss shooting 2022

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Awesome post sir, keep impressing us with every post.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What are the green boxes you shoot through on the rifle range? Do explain please, never seen those.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    What are the green boxes you shoot through on the rifle range? Do explain please, never seen those.

PB
    Not Oli, but they appear to be designed to contain the blast from the rifles, and perhaps also to mitigate glare. Very civilized!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Yes, they are noise reduction tunnels. It reduces the inconvenience for the neighbourhood

Feedback Score

Swiss shooting 2022

Yesterday was another .22 only session at the local club. I was alone, seems my shooting buddies lost their motivation at the end of this season, it felt like it was my own private range.

I started with rifles, the Ruger precision and Savage Mk II. After checking that they were still well sighted in on paper, I scattered 3 dozen golf balls on the berm 55 meters away, and had a ton of fun making them dance and fly around

I read abt that on a forum. I also had a similar session with our new young members a few weeks ago, the smile on their faces says it all

Then I aspired to some calm, so I installed the Norwegian A-Tec silencer I recently bought

Since I switched from high velocity to standard velocity ammo, the point of impact was 2 inches low and 1 inch to the left, with both rifles. I didn’t feel like messing with the scope settings so I just used some good old Kentucky windage

Then I pulled out some gongs, both at 25 and 50 meters, rifle and pistols

Colt service model ace with the same silencer

Ruger MkII with integral silencer

S&W 17-6

Finally made some serious noise with a Marlin 983T in .22 Magnum

And a S&W 48-2 in .22 Magnum also

A fantastic morning turning money into noise and fun
    Last edited by OLIAR15; 10-09-22 at 04:30.

Feedback Score
    Took five nice handguns to the range yesterday. It’s open from 5 to 8 pm, but by 7 pm the light vanishes and it gets quite dark

All at 25 meters offhand

1984 Sig P210-1

1979 Colt Gvt model Mk IV ser 70 in 9 mm

1984 Manurhin MR73

1980 FN GP35 Competition

1990 S&W 610 with .40 S&W

Then as it was getting quite dark, I shot a few duel sessions, where the target appears for 3 seconds and disappears for 7. It was an interesting challenge to do this drill in low light conditions.

Feedback Score
    Today a few friends from our shooting club and I were again invited to a shooting challenge organised by the shooting society of the Lausanne police corps.

5 practice shots (2&3) and then 4 X 5 shots in 5 minutes, 3 minutes, 1 minute and 40 seconds on the ISSF speed target at 25 meters for a total max of 200 points (warm up shots being used in case of a tie)

My weapon of choice in the ordnance division is my 1979 made Sig P210-6 in 7.65 mm parabellum (.30 Luger). The vintage Swiss military ammo is very accurate.

Loaded and ready to compete

2 warm up shots, great

3 warm up shots, got carried away by the first two and lost my focus a bit

1st pass, 49

2nd pass, 47

3rd pass, 49 again

Last pass, 46, slightly disappointing

Total score of 191 put me in second place overall, amongst some 25 competitors

We finished again with a great meal of garlic shrimps and some fine wines. A great day was had by all.

Feedback Score
    The weather has been nice with really mild temperatures for the season, so I spent some time at the outdoor range today with various toys.

I started with handguns at 25 meters

S&W 48-2 in .22 Magnum

S&W 627-0 in .357 Magnum

Then a LAR Grizzly in .45 Win Mag

I finished off that target with some 12 ga slugs from the Ithaca 37

Then the Auto Mag in .44 AMP

Then some rifles at 50 meters

Winchester M14 in 7.62 NATO

HK 93 in 5.56 NATO

Suppressed HK MP5 9 mm

I was not very accurate today, I mostly wanted to have fun without too much concentration (and my glasses were fogging up).

And Lord did I have a ton of fun

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's been said before, but it bears repeating that you have an enviable firearm collection, Oli! Thank you for continuing to share with us.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Last few outdoor sessions in December before the range closes for a few weeks holidays. Handguns 25 m rifles 50 m

Manurhin MR38

Suppressed Ruger MKII

Steyr AUG A1

Colt AR-15 A2 Gvt Model

US M2 (Inland) and M1 (Underwood)

HK 33

FN FAL G1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast