Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Swiss shooting 2022

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    That range is gorgeous
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    And shot a 105 years old pistol today, 1917 DWM Luger artillerie

It shoots a bit high but what a grouping offhand at 25 m

Feedback Score
    Glorious day at the outdoor range in canton Valais

Started at 25m with my new HK Mk23

Unsuppressed

Suppressed

S&W 610 10MM with the new Culina grips

Tried the HK 93, worked flawlessly

The range officer was unwell so we had to cut the session short

I had some .45 ACP left so I fired some more rounds with my 1943 type II Remington Rand 1911 A1 before leaving

Feeling a little frustrated, I headed to another range nearby. It’s a military style one so calibers are restricted to ordnance (which means 9 mm or less here). I only had one, an HK P8

A great day in the end

Feedback Score

Swiss shooting 2022

End June a dozen members of my shooting club participated in the canton (state) Vaud shooting. Each of the 26 Swiss canton organises a state shooting competition every five or six years or so. Distances are 25 and 50 m for pistol (300 meter for rifles).

There are typically four categories for pistols, Rimfire, Ordinance, centrefire, free pistol. There are various discipline, Precision, Speed, duel etc. Targets used are precision and speed targets ISSF

The 25 meters range

I used the Pardini Rimfire and a SIG P210–6 ordnance pistol. Trigger pull is checked and a sticker is applied to the gun when it passes. 1000 grams for rimfire, 1360 gr for (old) ordnance pistols (1500 for newer ones)

The 50 m range

One of our lady member, a good shot and tough competitor

Results. There is a threshold to reach, which varies with weapon used and age group, to obtain a distinction. That distinction then gives you a medal or a voucher

Last edited by OLIAR15; 07-11-22 at 11:45.

Feedback Score

Swiss shooting 2022

Out of the ten disciplines I chose, I obtained seven distinctions and missed two by one point. The medals are different depending on how many distinctions you’ve got. I ask why it’s only written five distinction on my printout result sheet, they answered that this is the highest you can get

I went back on Sunday to try and obtain the 25 m grand mastery in the ordnance category

This consists of 60 shots, 30 precision and 30 duel speed, meaning the target appears three seconds and disappears seven seconds

Precision

Duel

The threshold to obtain the grand mastery in the ordnance pistol category is 505 points. If you mess up you’ll have to wait another five or six years to try again. Also you can only obtain it once per state. A few of the senior shooters have managed all 26 probably over a 30 years period

LP stands for Liberté et Patrie, Freedom and homeland, the Canton Vaud motto

Last edited by OLIAR15; 07-11-22 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    Tuesdays and Saturdays are reserved for Rimfire at my club, in order to reduce the noise burden for the neighbourhood

At 50 m, I shot the 1975 Colt SP1 with a CMMG conversion, reliable, accurate and tons of cheap fun

And the Browning / FN trombone pump action

Moved on to the 25 m range and used a P210-1 with a .22lr conversion

We have a couple of new member at the club, including a 27 years young lady. She had shot maybe twice in her life with her sister (an army lieutenant) before joining us in early July. I’ve coached her a bit and lent her some guns as she does not have any yet.

We shot maybe six or eight times together. She produced this group at 25 meters with my 1960 S&W model 17 (offhand)

I asked her to keep going and give me a ten shots group

Needless to say she has great natural skills and a progression speed I haven’t seen before

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, that first 5 round she shot is probably approaching the mechanical accuracy of the pistol. Impressive!
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    So I took the young lady to another outdoor shooting range which allows a broader range of weapons

She shot the Colt M4

The suppressed HK MP5

Remington 700 SPS in .308

The FAL and Ithaca 37

And finally back to handguns with a Dan Wesson 15-2 VH in .357 magnum at 25 meters.

She had to aim a bit lower and to the left in order to hit the middle, making it even harder.

And did she hit it !!! 27 yrs young (I said that already), 5’2.5”, 114 lbs. Never shot a .357 Magnum before. I’m speechless

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OLIAR15 View Post
    Tried the HK 93, worked flawlessly

Is that a Promag? I use them in my MKE Z-43 and they surprisingly run flawlessly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Is that a Promag? I use them in my MKE Z-43 and they surprisingly run flawlessly.
    Yes, same here, they’ve been very reliable so far, to my great astonishment

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?236353-HK-93

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast