Thread: Proud Extractor

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Proud Extractor

Nearly every review of the SA Garrison mentions the extractor extends past the slide rear and my pistol's does as well.

Is there a functional reason for wanting the extractor flush with the slide? Is it an indication of another issue?

It certainly seems to increase the difficulty of reinserting the FP stop.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-28-22 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Nearly every review of the SA Garrison mentions the extractor extends past the slide rear and my pistol's does as well.

Is there a functional reason for wanting the extractor flush with the slide? It it an indication of another issue?

It certainly seems to increase the difficulty of reinserting the FP stop.

Andy
    No functional reason. As a rule the Extractor is made flush with the slide when the slide is "in the white" and blended to the frame.

I would chalk this up to another example of "maximizing profits", or little to NO hand fitting.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    No functional reason. As a rule the Extractor is made flush with the slide when the slide is "in the white" and blended to the frame.

I would chalk this up to another example of "maximizing profits", or little to NO hand fitting.
    This is correct. A blended extractor shows good craftsmanship, but that's all. No effect on function. A lot of competent pistolsmiths will fit a second extractor for a custom gun.