Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Super high rise optics----thoughts?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I finally got to use my unity aimpont mount this weekend and I loved it!

When I mounted it up I was afraid it would be too tall. In fact it’s perfect. When I look up the dot is right there. I do not need to get down further on the gun like with a 1/3rd mount. After this weekend I actually plan to replace my 1/3 mount with another unity mount.

Feedback Score
    Now Aimpoint offers factory 2.26" mount for the Micro...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd-5g-7LuId/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I wonder how much of our neck and shoulder problems are due to years of scrunching down on absolute and lower 1/3 cowitness sights for hours at a time on range trips or for multiple days in training classes.
    That ain't no bullshit, I really think you're on to something there. I've using my 1.93" mounts exclusively for the last year, more recently an Eotech on Unity 2.26" mount for the month or so and loving the tall mounts. Today, I break out a carbine with 1/3 Co-witness AP Micro, run a few drills and thinking to myself, "This shit is uncomfortable and borderline miserable." I was going to keep a few 1/3 Co-witness mounts around but fcvk it I'm switching over 100% on my RDS/EoTech/LPVO guns, the only exceptions will be precision rifles and loaner guns.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I didn't read every reply so if this has been said or asked, sorry. Isn't the 50/200 zero, 50 yards/200 meters (220 yards) in most cases?

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    I didn't read every reply so if this has been said or asked, sorry. Isn't the 50/200 zero, 50 yards/200 meters (220 yards) in most cases?

NYH1.
    I've never had a carbine/barrel length/ammo combination that would zero for both. It's always been 50/200 something or 50 something/200.

Feedback Score
    Same. So I zero for 200.

The difference from the initial 50 yard zero is so negligible it’s meaningless. Usually about a 1/2” higher at 50 yards.

Feedback Score
    Looks stupid IMHO.
    I'm good riding low...

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Looks stupid IMHO.
    I'm good riding low...
    ...because looks are the first thing one should consider when setting up their rifle.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ...because looks are the first thing one should consider when setting up their rifle.
    He might be concerned with looks, or he might use the word looks as a stand in for "I have no use for a high rise mount as I don't primarily shoot with NODs, helmet, or gas mask."

Feedback Score
    Since I don’t shoot with NODS or a gas mask I don’t have a lot of need for a mount that is 1.93” or higher.

If I found one for cheap I might try it anyway though.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast