Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Super high rise optics----thoughts?

Feedback Score
    No reason to change your posture just to chase what youtubers are doing. You will find the drawbacks of it. Maybe not until the influencers think of sometching else to sell you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ...because looks are the first thing one should consider when setting up their rifle.
    I agree not to cerakote or match parts. Just leave it pink, it doesn't matter.

Feedback Score
    Here is one for the sky high riders. Because looks aren't important.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    No reason to change your posture just to chase what youtubers are doing. You will find the drawbacks of it. Maybe not until the influencers think of sometching else to sell you.
    Did you read all the "neck and shoulder" comments on the first 2 pages from several different posters? But your right, no reason to change your posture which it what you are doing with low mounts, with a taller mount one is able to maintain their natural upright posture, no dipping the head/eyes down to meet the optic, instead the optic is brought up to eye level.

I, for one, don't give a damn what youtubers are chasing, I base my gear on my experience and that of guys I trust with whom I train.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    bUt MuH cHeEkWeLd...

Here is my sub 6' brother shooting one of my ARs with a Trijicon TR25 1-6 LPVO in a Geissele 2.04" mount. No issues making hits on A-zone steel out to 300yrds. Would we want this setup to shoot a National Match? Nope. But works GREAT for 2/3 gun, hunting and general plinking.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Backfire View Post
    Here is one for the sky high riders. Because looks aren't important.
    That is freaking hilarious.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I'm bouncing this thread because the subject came up in another...

Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    I also have neck and shoulder issues and really like my 1.93" mounts better compared to my absolute and lower 1/3 co-witness mounts. I'm sold enough to want to try the Unity 2.26" FAST mounts.
    Well, I did try the Unity 2.26" FAST mounts and I am sold with taller mounts. Hence forth 1.93" is the low end height on an RDS for me. I'm thinking 1.7" and taller on an LPVO for anything other than an SPR'ish type rifle (in other words lots of prone). I seriously credit these tall mounts for allowing me to train longer with a lower degree of pain and discomfort.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    There are two great reasons for using a high mount. Your are really tall or have a neck injury and if you need to passively shoot with NV. Everyone is doing it because they are copying all the active duty guys that are relearning passive shooting to combat near peer ir/nv capabilities and maintain IR discipline. All you have to do to see if a high mount it a good idea is put on a ballistic helmet with nods and try to get into the prone and shoot your gun for groups. It will be hellacious and giant uncomfortable event. Do that and then evaluate how important a “heads up” shooting position is for you in a non NV environment.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    These tall mounts are the latest retarded fad. I shot the unity tactical thing, and it doesn't criple my shooting, but it's silly nonsense. It's the Scorpion shooting position fad in mounts.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    These tall mounts are the latest retarded fad.
    I'll sorta second this, I realized that I just work really well with a 1.7 offset or there abouts, I have 1.64 on my "recce" gun, a 1.7 on my GP and a piggy backed holosun on an Acog around a 2.6 height, which sort of works but out of 50-75 yards I'm just going to the 4x Acog. The only time I like a higher mount is for NV work, and passive aiming, which I don't have the opportunity to get out much and do just based off my circumstances. I've seen a lot of classes with 2 inch plus offsets and if that works for you fine, but once the heart rate really gets going and you find yourself in awkward shooting positions it just makes for more issues
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast