Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Super high rise optics----thoughts?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought a Unity mount and optic off a guy here and that thing is a sky scrapper, I’m talking hip fire. I was surprised I still hit shit close after zeroing at 100.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    These tall mounts are the latest retarded fad. I shot the unity tactical thing, and it doesn't criple my shooting, but it's silly nonsense. It's the Scorpion shooting position fad in mounts.
    Yeah, I'll pass. I won't be clearing many terrorist hides any time soon. I figure I can get by with a regular height mount and worry less about close range offset.

Seems to me the "heads up" advantage is completely negated by the aim at chest, shoot in balls effect at close range.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-28-23 at 10:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    shoot through a VTAC
    Those small holes dont exist in nature, not like im trying to shoot something under the door of my bedroom.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Disregard.
    Last edited by GTF425; 03-08-23 at 18:49.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    Those small holes dont exist in nature, not like im trying to shoot something under the door of my bedroom.
    I don’t know the reason for them but since it was designed by VTAC, I bet there was a reason.

Even if not, I shoot VTACs way more than anything in my house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidneyious View Post
    What about under a vehicle?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Agreed, I shoot through certain fence posts and low pine branches that maybe isn't a small hole but is a small space to work with. The environment you work in dictates quite a bit.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The taller mounts allow a more head-up, anatomically correct posture that is less fatiguing. Many users won't have the problem or see that benefit and other mounts work fine for them. You can tease out some of that difference by holding shooters with lower mounts in position(s), watch for heads to lift and/or rifles to rise in the the shoulder pocket to let the head come up.

The VTAC barricade is an outstanding device to force a variety of strong and support side positional and sighting changes. Useful work for everyone in general, even if you're not shooting through gaps in brick walls in war torn countries, using weird cover, or contorting around barricades in gun games.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Here's the gayness we're messing with. An absolute Cowitness mount is not the best for sure, but this is some circus shit.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Or over one. Or any variety of uses of cover/concealment.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast