Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Super high rise optics----thoughts?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Or over one. Or any variety of uses of cover/concealment.
    You use the Costa sideways hold!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Here's the gayness we're messing with. An absolute Cowitness mount is not the best for sure, but this is some circus shit.

Remember A2 upper receivers with RDS mounted on the carry handle? We’ve literally come full circle except without all the QD guudness.

I actually think I’d prefer the fixed carry handle with RDS on top.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Here's the gayness we're messing with. An absolute Cowitness mount is not the best for sure, but this is some circus shit.
    Probably just aren’t high speed enough to understand, undoubtedly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Bumping this thread…
    Given the topic, I was a little surprised no one brought up the GBRS 2.91” mounts.

https://gbrsgroupgear.com/collections/mounts

I’m thinking of giving the Lerner a try, am wondering if anyone has tried it and has any feedback. I’ve been digging my Unity 2.26” mounts, but wondering if the 2.91” is too much of a good thing.

This officer used the Hydra version on a carbine to drop a scumbag at 183 yards with a single shot. Mike Glover gives it a shoutout at 3:45...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFq5L...ture=emb_title

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    This officer used the Hydra version on a carbine to drop a scumbag at 183 yards with a single shot. Mike Glover gives it a shoutout at 3:45...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iwFq5L...ture=emb_title
    That’s always a “I hope I could be that guy” video. So smooth. And a red dot, too.

Regarding the topic at hand, I have transitioned any optics (except for a “kids carbine”) that are or have 1x to 1.93. I like it. My wife likes it.
    I do not like the 1-8x on a 1.93 without a riser on the stock. I know docsherm and others don’t seem to use risers, but I felt like it was floating once an actual scope was used. The riser helps both with red dots and the scope.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Regarding the topic at hand, I have transitioned any optics (except for a “kids carbine”) that are or have 1x to 1.93. I like it. My wife likes it.
    1.93" is too high to see irons through the red dot, but not high enough to see them below it, right? Do you run offsets?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    1.93" is too high to see irons through the red dot, but not high enough to see them below it, right? Do you run offsets?
    True for standard sight height but Scalarworks PEAK 02 folding sights are available for use with 1.93” RDS mounts…
    https://scalarworks.com/shop/iron-sights/peak-02/
    I wish they would do the same with their fixed sights. For that matter I wish they or someone else would come out with 2.26” versions.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I have several offset irons, but at this point… I am just running the optics. I haven’t had a failure, and I only have Aimpoints and Kahles at 1x now. However, I also have QD mounts (Scalarworks, mostly), so I can add and zero standard irons if needed. I could do fixed or folding with the 1.93.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    After using a lot of different setups, this is what I have settled on and what works the best overall **for me**.

Badger Ordnance 1.54" Condition One mount with an Aimpoint ACRO on their 35 degree J-arm for my HPV 18" barreled scoped rifle setup.

Badger Ordnance 1.70" Condition One mount with an Aimpoint ACRO on their 35 degree J-arm for my LPV scoped 12.5" and 14.5" barreled rifle setups.

Scalarworks 1.930" Aimpoint micro T2 mount with their Peak 02 1.930" fold down b.u.i.s. for my 11.5" suppressed carbine

Presently I have no night vision setup but that may change in the coming year.

MAGA IN 2024 !!!!
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-16-24 at 13:45.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I want a 24.3287" mount so I can use the dot while firing from the hip.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast