Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 12.5" Short REECE Build To Be Suppressed Soup To Nuts Feedback Please

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have been using a 12.5 since Noveske first came out with them.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...2-5-GP-Carbine

So,I just finished your thread. Good stuff there. John Noveske's interest in 12.5 is what got me interested it. But I lived in Commiefornia up until recently and never had an opportunity to obtain one. I moved into a free state last July, and I'm finally free to do a lot of things I couldn't do in CA.

So I'm making up for lost time. I will, when finished, have built two 12.5" pistols, one as primarily a suppressor host, the other with a Noveske 12.5" barrel will be my general shooter, occasionally fit with a suppressor.

When I look at what you've done, I'm reminded:
    1. That things really haven't changes that much, T1s (T2s now), ACOGs, and a lot of the same components. Same real problems to solve.
    2. But from an evolutionary standpoint things have happened. Some of the ammo has become better, the optics have improved with better RDS, and LPVOs, more ambi and ergo improvements.

The cool part is that a 12.5" AR is just as useful, capable and relevant as it was almost 8 years ago.

I'm rambling, but good on you keeping 12.5 all these years and still loving it.
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-03-22 at 23:50.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Both the barrel and handguard would be chopped, so cut the MK16 to 11.5ish and the barrel to 12.5. 12.5 mids seem to work Triarc has one, its just dependent on the starting size of the port. JT at RAW has been able to save a few pinned MDs for me, though I don't use SF MDs so while its a bummer that it wouldn't resell as well, it is possible to reuse or sell.
    Just seems like a waste to me, I've got a 14.5" Super Duty on the way (for real), and I'm thinking, 'Would I rather chop an expensive complete Super Duty and end up with who knows what, or build my own with appropriate parts, or even have a Centurion built'? Well, modifying the Super Duty is the choice that, by far, makes the least sense to me. I think shortening the dwell that much will cause problems especially with an improperly sized gas port.

But to each his own. You do you...
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 05-04-22 at 00:09.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    No, I sent it out to have it done. Cy Sensenbach, @chop boss official on IG, does good work.
    Nice. Cerakote?

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Nice. Cerakote?
    He just refinished the handguard where it was cut. I do not know what he used to refinish it.
    Last edited by Biggy; 05-07-22 at 22:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Final parts list. A few minor things might change, but this is the majority of what I'm building.

PARTS LIST - Pistol Builds (2)

- Hodge Barrel - Thank you to forum for locating these for me. AU Mod 2 version with small gas port. And Noveske Leonidas.
    - SLR SB7 Pin - gas block on Hodge. Noveske comes with GB pinned.
    - Upper - Mega MML - Upper with dedicated rail almost like a single piece and Mega Ambi Billet set - Upper and lower set
    - Hand guard/rail - Mega MML Mloc rail and maybe Forward Control Design (FCD) hand guard RHF. Haven't finalized.
    - BCG - BCM to start. I would use Hodge except the nitride 9310 bolt.
    - Muzzle device - Leaning toward the FCD 1215KM (Keymo) or the FCD 6315KM brake.
    - Radian or Geissele charging handle - Depends which fits best in the uppers best.
    - Lower - Mega Ambi Billet or not sure yet - I have some generic Aero M4E1 pistol lowers, until I get Mega lower done.
    - Geissele Super Duty LPKs
    - Geissele SSA
    - Pistol lowers with SBA3 brace w/ carbine length RE built in. Sprinco Blue, H2 to start. Happy I got my SBA3 braces a while back before they became more difficult to find. When I go to SBR I'll try the A5 on them.
    - I don't know if I've missed anything. I use Troy flips bc that's all I use, not the popular choice, but they lock in the upright position. I'll have to see how they fit with new light and my pig DBAL when I use it. Wish I could budget a MAWL too.
    - Haven't decided on lights yet but I do like the 1000 lumen Surefire rechargeable. But whatever it is it needs to be able to ride with a DBAL.
    - Probably starting with T2 on one and MRO on the other, works as a pistol.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567