Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Thoughts on Weltool w651

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    Thoughts on Weltool w651

    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.
    I have all premium weapon lights, but I like a variety. I have two more lights to acquire. One will be an OKW, but this looks interesting.
    Thoughts please?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    994
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    I'm thinking about pulling the trigger.
    I have all premium weapon lights, but I like a variety. I have two more lights to acquire. One will be an OKW, but this looks interesting.
    Thoughts please?
    I've seen these, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you pick one up. With the price point I don't know if I would choose one over a streamlight though.

    I do have an old surefire head that I was thinking of grabbing one of their 2 cell bodies for as those are not too expensive.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I've seen these, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you pick one up. With the price point I don't know if I would choose one over a streamlight though.

    I do have an old surefire head that I was thinking of grabbing one of their 2 cell bodies for as those are not too expensive.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I'm thinking the W65c is the one I want.
    There are two very legitimate reasons to choose this over an hlx.

    #1 Weltool W65C 1250lm 83.9K candela vs Streamlight hlx 1000lm 27.1K candela.

    #2 Out of the box compatibility with SF Scout tail caps, and tape switches.

    Weltool seems to have a pretty decent rep, for a chicom outfit.
    From the pictures of the beam shots, it looks to be very good.
    I more or less just want to add it to my collection, to compare it to my Rein, Plhv2, E2xtl, Hlx, and L2p weapon lights.
    Last edited by camoman; 04-30-22 at 15:03.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,488
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on a chinese knockoff scout light?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on a chinese knockoff scout light?
    Agreed. At that price, you're just a few bucks away from a CD Rein. They're $269 for an American made, tough as nails, fully submersible light with a remote switch. I get wanting to add it to a collection, but it's just not in the same ballpark as the others the OP mentions.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Why in the world would you spend that kind of money on a chinese knockoff scout light?
    Because, I like variety....and it's only money.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Agreed. At that price, you're just a few bucks away from a CD Rein. They're $269 for an American made, tough as nails, fully submersible light with a remote switch. I get wanting to add it to a collection, but it's just not in the same ballpark as the others the OP mentions.
    Nobody knows what ballpark this is in, until they have hands on.
    WT seems to have some pretty good reviews...not all companies are equal...even in the rice patty.
    These guy's have the best lep flashlights available, I think they invented lep.
    Everything I have read about WT has been positive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,840
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by camoman View Post
    Nobody knows what ballpark this is in, until they have hands on.
    WT seems to have some pretty good reviews...not all companies are equal...even in the rice patty.
    These guy's have the best lep flashlights available, I think they invented lep.
    Everything I have read about WT has been positive.
    Heck man, do it. I'm curious about them too. Let us know what you think. I just see the IP67 rating and the 1 meter drop test and I think that it's your typical commercial grade Chinese light, of which I have a pile BTW. But when compared to a full potted weapon light that's waterproof to 30 meters or more, I can't see how they are in the same ballpark. I am curious as to what you find in using it though.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    490
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Heck man, do it. I'm curious about them too. Let us know what you think. I just see the IP67 rating and the 1 meter drop test and I think that it's your typical commercial grade Chinese light, of which I have a pile BTW. But when compared to a full potted weapon light that's waterproof to 30 meters or more, I can't see how they are in the same ballpark. I am curious as to what you find in using it though.
    I do get it. Worst case scenario...I lose a little $, and put a Modlite, or Malkoff head on the body, and roll with it. I'm not too worried.
    I'm also thinking about ordering a lep to play with.
    Last edited by camoman; 05-02-22 at 09:19.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Northeast
    Posts
    994
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    I've seen these, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts if you pick one up. With the price point I don't know if I would choose one over a streamlight though.

    I do have an old surefire head that I was thinking of grabbing one of their 2 cell bodies for as those are not too expensive.

    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    I ended up ordering one of their W65 bodies (the 2 cell version), doesn't fit the old KL4 head that I have.

    Is the KL4 not the same size as other E-series heads?

    Only other surefire I have is a G2x and the head doesn't come off of that...



    Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •