Thread: 1889 Colt Lightning .22

Feedback Score

1889 Colt Lightning .22

If you have a shooting buddy who has a nice gun you covet, never hesitate to tell him that if he thinks of selling, he thinks of you.

In June last year such a buddy brought a Colt Lightning in .22 caliber (short and long I was told ?) to the range. I liked it a lot so I naturally told him to think of me if he ever wanted to sell it.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...-Colt-22-rifle

He called me recently willing to sell at the same price he acquired it from a friend of his, $600. I picked it up yesterday.

Serial number dates it to 1889, 133 years young

Straight to the 50 m range, it functioned flawlessly with Swiss vintage .22 short from the Thun arsenal

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Wow, just wow.

Andy

Feedback Score
    That is an incredible rifle. Congratulations and thank you for sharing the pictures.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I own the same rifle. On mine a previous owner long ago installed a tang sight and a level where the original rear factory sight is normally installed. These rifles are chambered 22 short only.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    The Lightning is such a cool rifle. Congrats!

Sent from inner space

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That one’s a keeper.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.