Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Tok, it will be interesting to see what comes out of shot, especially for me and the Stacatto line. They need to make their line-up more identifiable. Every time I'm in my LGS, I see some model that looks like an offshoot of their lineup. Especially their guns with comps on them. I suppose they are trying to make their line up a bit customizable, but also very confusing. And when you follow the make a gun for every customers desires, reliability suffers. I am not saying they have done this, it is a concern though seeing the P Duo/DPO with SS barrel or a threaded barrel or now it has a comp on it.....

PB
    Well, they only have four models. Actually I guess five now with the launch of the CS.

Legacy offerings:

C2 which is the "concealed carry" model.

P with is the duty gun.

XC which is a comp gun.

XL which is a long slide.

Then there are some different barrel finish options or other various options within each line. Optics ready slides, slides with dedicated rear sights, etc.

I thought Staccato was still making a single stack but I just looked and don't see it on the website. I may have missed it but assume it has been discontinued. I assume the C2 will also be dropped with the launch of the CS. No real point that I can think of to continue the C2 unless some mag compatibility is wanted by the purchaser.

Again, it will be interesting to see if the CS mag migrates into the full Staccato lineup. This will further set Staccato apart from other guns like the new Prodigy and the hicap from EAA. Kind of a gamble on Staccato’s part to change mag format across the line. If the result is a more reliable firearm without a significant change in price of gun or mag it will probably work out well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Regarding mags--just stuff I've gleaned from reading various threads and forums--is that Staccato is on revision 3.2 or so of the 2011 magazine.

The original STI mags were kind of a known failure point in that they were essentially hand-fitted to the gun. USPSA shooters often had to massage feed lips, shave followers, replace springs to get maximum reliability. Granted they were also seeking maximum mag capacity. Still, mags could require almost constant maintenance. The other issue is that the mag tube was built to work with 45 Auto and 38 Super. 9mm was not really a thing in 1911 or 2011 guns 30 years ago when the STI was coming to market.

Staccato worked to identify tolerances and improve manufacturing techniques with the goal of producing 9mm mags that were reliable out of the box. Mostly they seem to have gotten it right but not all mags and guns have been reliable. Hence the production changes and gen 3 mags. And it sounds like the gen 3 has been slightly tweaked as production continues.

With the above in mind, Staccato now has the CS model which apparently uses a new magazine format that's designed to be a 9mm 2011 from the jump. Speculation now is that this new CS format will become its own standard in the Staccato pistol line and will eventually replace the legacy STI format mag entirely. Is this true or just Internet rumor? If true the next question is will these new mags work in existing 2011 guns? If not that's a bunch of department and personal purchase LE customers who will likely be turned off to the whole platform....

Maybe we'll have some updates here in a couple weeks from SHOT.

I’ve had a 40SW and still have a 45ACP tactical with old mags. I appreciate that they have worked on the current mag form and it seems that they work FAR better than the old ones (and I have the Dawson tuner kit)- but I don’t know why they didn’t just dump the wide-to-single stack magazine form-factor. I’ve had an Sig P226 X-Five SAO that was my “Hi-cap 9mm SAO” and before that I played with a Browning Hi-Power. So you can have a fairly thin gun that is SAO- even Browning inspired- and a rational gun mag.

I’m not calling for it to use Glock mags, but between P226, Hi-power and S&W you’d think that some kind of optimized mag could be the next step. To me, preserving the trigger bow and SA mechanism is the key.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Is that we're seeing here? 2011?
    At the end...

https://youtu.be/fWFrcDwgmXg

JSO shooting who needed to be shot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Is that we're seeing here? 2011?
    At the end...
    Yep.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    …and used SS with support hand thumb to drop slide after slide lock reload.
    He’s shot that a bit.
    Well done.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Got a link that doesn't make me sign in?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    The officers in the Houston Police Department, who are now carrying Staccatos are well pleased.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    …and used SS with support hand thumb to drop slide after slide lock reload.
    He’s shot that a bit.
    Well done.
    He dumped 20 rounds into that car without hesitation. Ran his ass off too, good to see a fit dude chasing down scumbags. No taser opp there.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2011s doing work.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast