Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Serlo II View Post
    I purchased a Staccato P for duty as a reserve deputy in 2021. I have not been able to run 200 rounds through it without a failure. All failures appear to be magazine related. I've contacted Staccato customer service but don't have a resolution as of yet.
    The gun is brilliant to shoot when it works. I don't think I'll keep it in the long run.
    heard about a few folks upgraded to Atlas 18lb springs and followers...no issues

Feedback Score
    Off-Topic but kind of not—it’s 2011 related—but does anyone own, know anyone who owns, or has anyone had the opportunity to handle/shoot an Alchemy Quantico Hi-Cap?

I’ve decided if ever I decide to actually get into the 2011 game, that looks like a prime (no pun intended) candidate.
    Yet it is not our part to master all the tides of the world, but to do what is in us for the succor of those years wherein we are set, uprooting the evil in the fields that we know, so that those who live after may have clean earth to till.

Feedback Score
    There is a guy on Instagram 1776_duck who has the quantico hi cap and a C2 and he’s very responsive to questions about guns. I can’t remember if he still does YouTube too.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I recently picked up a Staccato P and it runs 100% with OEM as well as Triarc mags (which are about half the price). I did find one of the Triarc mags has an issue w a follower that won't lock the side on last round so I ordered an Atlas follower / spring upgrade kit.

https://www.triarcsystems.com/produc...form-magazine/

https://atlasgunworks.com/product/at...product_detail
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The earlier (silver) Gen mags I had all needed the follower and springs replaced, then ran/run 100%.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    My C2 and P have also been 100% on Staccato Gen 3 mags.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    C2 back from Monsoon Tactical; integral expansion chamber comp completed.
    My thinking is this mod does have a practical application for Carry/LE. It adds nothing to slide/barrel length, the gun shoots flatter and accuracy has been unaffected in this example.
    Target is 5 rds. 124 gr. Gold Dot @ 25 yds. Benched.

thumbnail_IMG_8646.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8647.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8651.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_8658.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    C2 back from Monsoon Tactical; integral expansion chamber comp completed.
    My thinking is this mod does have a practical application for Carry/LE. It adds nothing to slide/barrel length, the gun shoots flatter and accuracy has been unaffected in this example.
    Cool as hell.

Just note: with cast bullets I got LOTs of wax and lead fouling in comp chambers that requires a screwdriver to remove.

Stick with jacketed and plated bullets for the least ass-pain.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yep. I shoot nothing but JHPs in pistols with comps.
    Even FMJs can lead a comp badly. The exposed, lead base being the culprit.
    The JHPs have fully encapsulated bases which help prevent that.

Learned that decades back shooting H&G 68’s out of comped .45s.

Vinny/Monsoon have a really well thought out design, their attention to detail is spot on as well.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Vinny/Monsoon have a really well thought out design, their attention to detail is spot on as well.
    I went to Monsoons web page and for the Glocks they call it Chunk Port and don't call it a comp. For the 1911/2011 they call it Genghis Komp and say it "Mimics a true compensator expansion chamber" If the Chunk Port also had the same line as the one for the 2011, I would be interested.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast