Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...011-p-pistols/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...011-p-pistols/

Agree with a lot of this. I own, use and carry multiple Staccatos.
    Always preached that Competitive Shooting will give you a leg up on “fast and accurate under pressure”, but teaches Squat about Tactics.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I was looking for a CS, and a LGS has a C2. So, C2 it is. Range report to follow for my new carry gun. Feels great in the hand and should shoot great.
    PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I think the C2 is the tits for CCW, but needs a different Grip module texture (I know I have said this before). I will probably send the GM to Dark Side Precision for a re-work at some point.

There are rumblings that Staccato has another pistol in the works......a comped CS would get my attention..
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    I think the C2 is the tits for CCW, but needs a different Grip module texture (I know I have said this before). I will probably send the GM to Dark Side Precision for a re-work at some point.

There are rumblings that Staccato has another pistol in the works......a comped CS would get my attention..
    Hadn’t heard that, I’m pretty much out of the loop however.
    I’d be interested too, depending on size/configuration of comp. I’m one that certainly sees value in a comp onna carry gun.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post

What texture are you looking for? The grip feels fine to me, just curious what you prefer.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I prefer a medium/aggressive "sandpaper" type finish. It helps anchor the palm of my support hand better, as well as strong hand presentation.
    SHOOT MORE -POST LESS!!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A recent review of the two available models.

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...jKw345As6VTXE/

I think Springfield is definitely on the right track not withstanding the few QC issues. I'm really hoping we'll see an aluminum frame version as well as a custom shop or TRP type of model.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    A recent review of the two available models.

https://www.police1.com/police-produ...jKw345As6VTXE/

I think Springfield is definitely on the right track not withstanding the few QC issues. I'm really hoping we'll see an aluminum frame version as well as a custom shop or TRP type of model.

Hey Tok, do you want an aluminum frame for the weight? How much weight would it save if so? I thought I had an opportunity to buy an Aluminum framed CS
    (turned out to be a false alarm) and I looked into A framed guns and word came back is the Aluminum frames are much better these days vs old time A frame guns. Do you feel they hold up much better than yesteryear or does that not lay into your decision?

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Hey Tok, do you want an aluminum frame for the weight? How much weight would it save if so? Do you feel they hold up much better than yesteryear or does that not lay into your decision?
    The difference would not be tremendous. Probably only three or four ounces with the full dust covers. Another ounce or so would be shaved by using shorter frame rails on these guns.

So, yes, primarily in the interest of saving a tiny bit of weight. I don't think durability would really be a thing in 9mm using standard pressure ammo. Even with a potential reduction in durability I doubt I'd ever shoot one enough to wear it out.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast