Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Who makes 2011 baseplates that prevent over insertion with the 20rd mags? All the ones I’ve seen still leave plenty of uncovered mag body to allow over insertion.
    I think 10-8 Performance makes some, but they’re not cheap. https://www.10-8performance.com/2011...ase-pad-140mm/

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes this^^

Dawson has them as well, for diff Staccato models and mag lengths.
    Confusing AF- as with all things Staccato.

https://dawsonprecision.com/basepad-...son-precision/
    Last edited by gaijin; 12-27-22 at 11:04.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yea I bought some 10-8’s that work great. Bought 2 should have bought 5.

PB

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea I bought some 10-8’s that work great. Bought 2 should have bought 5.

PB
    Anything I have ever gotten from 10-8 was GTG and well worth the $.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    On my broken ejector:

Stacatto sent me a return label. Said they might charge me and might not I guess. No word on that one. But will report back on results.

The return form ask: what lube, what ammo, did I alter slide, grip...a bunch of questions. I wouldn't think changing the grip would void warranty but it gives them an out if so. I did nothing to my gun, except shoot it.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 12-30-22 at 13:15.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    One of our rookies still lives with his parents. At $80k a year and no mortgage, the kid blows money. He just bought a Staccato at retail, and I believe an RMR. One of our senior guys is switching to a Staccato C2 and RMR from his Gen 4 19, he makes far more than the rookie but went through Staccato and will have to wait, but got a great discount.

That will be 4 Staccatos at our agency of 40 cops. I get to play with a full size, I think DPO?, a few times a month. The juice is not worth the squeeze to me:

Staccato DPO: $2600

Glock 17: $550
    Holosun 509T: $500
    Optic Plate $50
    Lead Devil/Esstac belt setup: $200
    Safariland Holster: $200
    Shooting Class: $600
    Case of 9mm: $300

Total: $2400

A great shooter will benefit greatly from a 2011 both in speed an accuracy. A poor to mediocre shooter would benefit greatly from a stock Glock and ammo/training. 90% of cops are not great shooters and need to be attending outside courses. 90% of cops have no business strapping a 2011 onto their belts IMO. 3/4 of our guys with them are mediocre shooters. The fourth is a great shot and shoots very well with his Staccato. He has had lots of issues with optic plates however, but no reliability issues. He and I shoot about 1k rds a month.
    Last edited by LowSpeed_HighDrag; 12-30-22 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    That will be 4 Staccatos at our agency of 40 cops. I get to play with a full size, I think DPO?, a few times a month. The juice is not worth the squeeze to me:

Retail at Sportsmans Warehouse is $2399 for the DPO... a little bit lower. I don't even like pistols, and yet the Staccato has moved to the top of my list. It's a remarkably enjoyable pistol to shoot. Although I'm not sure I'd trust it with my life.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    One of our rookies still lives with his parents. At $80k a year and no mortgage, the kid blows money. He just bought a Staccato at retail, and I believe an RMR. One of our senior guys is switching to a Staccato C2 and RMR from his Gen 4 19, he makes far more than the rookie but went through Staccato and will have to wait, but got a great discount.

Glock 17: $550
    Holosun 509T: $500
    Optic Plate $50
    Lead Devil/Esstac belt setup: $200
    Safariland Holster: $200
    Shooting Class: $600
    Case of 9mm: $300

Total: $2400

A great shooter will benefit greatly from a 2011 both in speed an accuracy. A poor to mediocre shooter would benefit greatly from a stock Glock and ammo/training. 90% of cops are not great shooters and need to be attending outside courses. 90% of cops have no business strapping a 2011 onto their belts IMO. 3/4 of our guys with them are mediocre shooters. The fourth is a great shot and shoots very well with his Staccato. He has had lots of issues with optic plates however, but no reliability issues. He and I shoot about 1k rds a month.
    Been my experience as well.

A Forum member and one of the guys that shoots with us was a Glock guy.
    He switched to a C2 and hasn’t looked back.
    But he was one of the “great shooters” you mention. He is now a Better “great shooter”.
    I’d add; a “good average” shooter will be capable of upping his game as well.

“ The return form ask: what lube, what ammo, did I alter slide, grip...a bunch of questions. I wouldn't think changing the grip would void warranty but it gives them an out if so. I did nothing to my gun, except shoot it.

PB”

Good news.
    I’d be SOL on any repair work.
    Last edited by gaijin; 12-30-22 at 14:24.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    A Forum member and one of the guys that shoots with us was a Glock guy.
    He switched to a C2 and hasn’t looked back.
    Had I only shot the C2, I wouldn't be enamored with the Staccato that much. It's a nice gun. I shot it once with no Dot, and then shot it last weekend with a Holosun. It's just a nice 9mm pistol, but nothing that thrilling. The RDS made it more enjoyable to shoot, but the Full size P Staccato, for me, shoots like a dream.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Had I only shot the C2, I wouldn't be enamored with the Staccato that much. It's a nice gun. I shot it once with no Dot, and then shot it last weekend with a Holosun. It's just a nice 9mm pistol, but nothing that thrilling. The RDS made it more enjoyable to shoot, but the Full size P Staccato, for me, shoots like a dream.
    Agree the P is easier to shoot than C2; full size, steel frame trumps “carry” size alloy frame- assuming neither are comped/ported.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast