Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems to have changed Cowan's mind:

I may have to see about getting an aluminum frame version.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Who handles maintenance for these officers? A local Smith or??

Im not sure. Us regular plebs can get our personal guns maintained by the armory. But we have a fairly small list of guns we can choose from and they are all striker fired. Ill have to ask a couple buddies that work in the armory next time I see them.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Im not sure. Us regular plebs can get our personal guns maintained by the armory. But we have a fairly small list of guns we can choose from and they are all striker fired. Ill have to ask a couple buddies that work in the armory next time I see them.
    Mainly just curious. Thanks.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would think they have a special program for cops guns, fed ex in and fed ex out. Their CS is outstanding. They have done everything I asked. Long story but Stacatto is buttoned up. I like the grip better on my Legion P226, but the trigger on the 2011 is well 1911esch.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 05-02-22 at 11:07.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yes. My experience as well.
    The new ownership is doing a top job with CS.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I work at a small dept of about 40 officers. We have two carrying Staccatos right now, and will likely see more going forward. I carry a comp’d G45, which shoots pretty damn smooth and fast, but it still doesn’t shoot as smooth and fast as the staccato. I can’t justify the money at this point in my life, but if I could, I’d have one or three of them.

A deputy in the county over is a Staccato rep, and has done a damn good job putting tons of them into holsters across Northern Colorado.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I work at a small dept of about 40 officers. We have two carrying Staccatos right now, and will likely see more going forward. I carry a comp’d G45, which shoots pretty damn smooth and fast, but it still doesn’t shoot as smooth and fast as the staccato. I can’t justify the money at this point in my life, but if I could, I’d have one or three of them.

A deputy in the county over is a Staccato rep, and has done a damn good job putting tons of them into holsters across Northern Colorado.
    Nice!

Honestly this wouldn't be a duty piece for me but I'd still likely opt for the aluminum frame version just to shave a tiny bit of weight. I'd definitely go this route if it was a daily carry / duty gun.

Feedback Score
    Stacatto definitely hit it out of the park with these. Out of the box they are reliable, accurate, low recoil, nice trigger, and just extremely nice to shoot. I still love my P365XL for daily concealed carry, but could see myself carrying the 2011 more and more. Definitely wouldn't be surprised to see more agencies fielding these.

Feedback Score
    I will agree on all points that the guns are very nice and customer service is excellent. A friend who I shoot with has a STI DVC and has since bought a couple more Staccato’s. He convinced me and I bought one of the special run Staccato P-Duo aluminum frame with threaded barrel. It was very accurate and fast.

But alas, I’ve not shot a 1911 much and never really trained on one. I’m pretty much a Glock/striker fire 9MM shooter, and while I was committed to training and learning the 1911/2011 platform, the Staccato was simply too large a grip for my medium size, arthritic hands to master. I found the grip to be similar in size to my G21 G4. I can run my G21 okay but it’s not very comfortable or easy to manage.

So I sold the Staccato and will look for an “upper entry level” 1911 to learn the platform on. Probably either the Ruger SR1911 or the SA.

But if your hands can manage it, the Staccato is a great firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post

So I sold the Staccato and will look for an “upper entry level” 1911 to learn the platform on. Probably either the Ruger SR1911
    Lol I never heard of the SR1911 as being upper entry level. But I guess that's true if you're including the Filipino and Turkish imports.

Ruger does sell a more custom model under the Doug Koenig label. It is quite expensive. Not Staccato expensive howver...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast