Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    It was a mid-2020 Stacatto R. Wouldnt chamber a round. My theory is that there was either a problem with the feed ramp angle or overall geometry of the weapon. I tried 6 different ammunition types and 5 different magazines. Rack slide, let go, bullet would get pushed about about 30% back into the casing from being slammed into the bottom of the feed ramp. If I downloaded the mag to 3 rounds I would start to get the rounds to chamber. After getting crickets from Staccato CS, I promptly offloaded the R and my P DUO and went back to Glock and HK. At the same time I purchased the R and P DUO I picked up a TRP Operator. Surprisingly the TRP went 1k without cleaning or maintenance and had *ZERO* malfunctions despite being almost half the price of the Staccatos.

ETA: Lest anyone wants to call bullshit, Eurodriver and I peer-pressured each other into buying Staccy’s around the same time, and both witnessed each other’s issues.
    Much more helpful, thank you!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    My Staccato failed out of the box. I would be extremely hesitant to trust my life to one of these things.

YMMV
    Writing off an entire brand based on a sample of one gun is as foolish as declaring all of that brand's guns as "good to go" based on a sample size of one.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Writing off an entire brand based on a sample of one gun is as foolish as declaring all of that brand's guns as "good to go" based on a sample size of one.
    That. Sh*t happens. I once bought a new P220 that would FTF one out of every one-hundred rounds. It went back to Sig twice and they could not fix it. It even malfunctioned for them... I got a full refund.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm a simpleton. Glocks with OEM Glock Magazines for serious use. Period, dot.

I've tried some aftermarket mags but none that I'd carry with.

It's ugly, it's not the best, but it typically works fine unless you **** with it too much.

Reliability above all else IMO. Yes, Glocks can fail but I'd venture their reliability % near top of the pack.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Why should Outlander buy another Staccato?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Neat.

Staccato can go to hell and pull the hole in with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

I didn't say he should buy another one, I said he shouldn't write off the entire brand over a single gun.

If this was his first Glock would your response be the same? I can think of a guy I know that refuses to buy anything from Smith and Wesson because his former boss had issues with one thirty years ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    If Eurodriver didn’t have issues at the same time, I may not have. I wrote them off more from the complete lack of CS over the problem.

I didn't say he should buy another one, I said he shouldn't write off the entire brand over a single gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    If Eurodriver didn’t have issues at the same time, I may not have. I wrote them off more from the complete lack of CS over the problem.
    Outlander & Me:“We are STACCATO 2011 BROS!!!”

Outlander: “Mine doesn’t work”

Me: “Mine either…”

jpmuscle: “You guys just need to accept that 2011s are finicky and failures happen. It’s nbd”

Me & Outlander: “Where did I put my Glock 19?”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Meanwhile, neither one of us had issues with Springfield Armory 1911s…

ETA: Staccato gave me a great appreciation for HK products. As well, I’m firm in my opinion that the Beretta M9A3 is the best double-stack 2011 ever made.

Outlander & Me:“We are STACCATO 2011 BROS!!!”

Outlander: “Mine doesn’t work”

Me: “Mine either…”

jpmuscle: “You guys just need to accept that 2011s are finicky and failures happen. It’s nbd”

Me & Outlander: “Where did I put my Glock 19?”
    Last edited by Outlander Systems; 06-18-22 at 18:26.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast