Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011s in LE Use

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Check out Vulcan machine Wert’s for their 2011 porting as well.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I went to Monsoons web page and for the Glocks they call it Chunk Port and don't call it a comp. For the 1911/2011 they call it Genghis Komp and say it "Mimics a true compensator expansion chamber" If the Chunk Port also had the same line as the one for the 2011, I would be interested.
    The Staccatos have cone/taper barrels (for lock up, in lieu of 1911 style barrel bushing). There is enough “meat” in the barrels they can hog out what is effectively a modest expansion chamber.

Glocks have standard profile barrels, which is why they’re limited to porting.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Gaijin thanks that makes sense.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Pleasure Yoni.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    C2 back from Monsoon Tactical; integral expansion chamber comp completed.
    My thinking is this mod does have a practical application for Carry/LE. It adds nothing to slide/barrel length, the gun shoots flatter and accuracy has been unaffected in this example.
    Target is 5 rds. 124 gr. Gold Dot @ 25 yds. Benched.

Attachment 68765

Attachment 68769

Attachment 68764

Attachment 68763
    That’s a bad bad boy. Well done Gaijin.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    C2 back from Monsoon Tactical; integral expansion chamber comp completed.
    My thinking is this mod does have a practical application for Carry/LE. It adds nothing to slide/barrel length, the gun shoots flatter and accuracy has been unaffected in this example.
    Target is 5 rds. 124 gr. Gold Dot @ 25 yds. Benched.

Attachment 68765

Attachment 68769

Attachment 68764

Attachment 68763
    Outstanding! Enjoy this beautiful- cool and functional-2011! And thank you for sharing. Very beautifully done.
    Cheers,

—Dan @ MN

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    I had two modern SA TRP 1911's and BOTH went back to SA for FTF issues... Yes, BOTH. Guys, it's a 1911/2011 platform.
    The Stacatto is still a 100+ year old main design platform. No, it's NEVER going to be flawless. But if it runs right and in the right hands, it will still shoot the pi$$ out of a glock.
    Everyone's mileage will vary.
    I've had a 2011 staccato C for over year, a bit under 5k rds, multiple range trips/classes; cleaned after each use. No issue at all. Same reliability as my Glocks.
    So far, my mileage has been pretty good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I went to Monsoons web page and for the Glocks they call it Chunk Port and don't call it a comp. For the 1911/2011 they call it Genghis Komp and say it "Mimics a true compensator expansion chamber" If the Chunk Port also had the same line as the one for the 2011, I would be interested.
    From videos and a few online reviews; the Chunk Port opening will catch in an ALS holster, thereby locking the gun in holster during the draw stroke. The Ghengis Comp won't do that.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More LE marketing for the 2011. Neat guns. They've done a good job reintroducing these in the market.

https://www.policemag.com/652288/fir...-2011-p-pistol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I saw an Arizona Highway Patrolman who had a Staccato P a few weeks back. Oddly enough he had some cheap magpul plastic handguard on his Patrol rifle.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast