My buddy Pablo wanted to go out and test the water with his 300wm at the mile. I didn't bring much of my 300WM ammo but Mark had loaded some very hot 225 ELD's so I started with those. Thought those very hot 225 ELD's would be the same DOPE as my old Atip DOPE which was 17.4mils. I got on in 4 shots.

My DOPE from before was 17.4 mils with 230g Atips, Saturday I was on at 17.2 with 225 ELD's. Then I later tossed the Atips thinking it would be the same, but they ended up being about a mil less. There is something to those Atips even though they cost a small fortune. They help at extreme distances.

My Bergara in 6.5CM got me on with 21.0 mils with 140 ELD's. Which I think is pretty impressive. I was scaring the shit out the target getting wind bucked left , right, left, right then finally getting on. It was harder because I started at 24.5 mils and was shooting over the mountain on my first few shots and spotting misses once I dropped my DOPE was harder to see misses with smaller bullet and mirage was awful. But I got on so bingo!

My buddy Paul got a first round hit after I gave him the DOPE then missed the next 4 on wind. Mark popped the mile shot too without much difficulty once our DOPE was dialed in.

It was fun to get back out after the mile, even though mirage and wind were less than ideal. Pretty cool.

PB