Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLGW COMBO DRIVE GRIP SCREW

Feedback Score

SOLGW COMBO DRIVE GRIP SCREW

I purchased 10 of these grip screws from SOLGW.

They are a 1/4 x 28x 1" screw made of 4140 steel. The head has a 3/16 hex plus its slotted and is finished in black oxide.

There is no visible thread locker on them that I could detect. The head of the screw is wide for a good clamping surface.

They are $2 each when bought in bulk.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I haven't gotten around to ordering any of these yet, but I do plan to.

Got any pictures?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I need to pick up some grip screws for my parts kit. Do they come with the lock washer?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I was told the screw doesn't need a star washer although there doesn't appear to be any thread locker pre applied to the screw.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    C27330C1-95F3-4E8E-AB42-0F2C48149EE8.jpeg
    There is no mention of these screws being made in the USA which leads me to believe they’re not.
    I did inquire about that but have not gotten a response yet.

These https://www.mcmaster.com/92196A325/ are made in the USA and work well with a star washer.
    Last edited by prepare; 05-02-22 at 20:30.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    C27330C1-95F3-4E8E-AB42-0F2C48149EE8.jpeg
    There is no mention of these screws being made in the USA which leads me to believe they’re not.
    I did inquire about that but have not gotten a response yet.

These https://www.mcmaster.com/92196A325/ are made in the USA and work well with a star washer.
    Thanks for the picture! I bet they might be sourced from the same place that Magpul gets their pistol grip screws. It's head design is too similar and I've never seen it outside of Magpul until now.

Maybe you could take a look at them side by side next to one of Magpul's screws and better judge that assumption... From the pictures they look the same.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-02-22 at 23:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Thanks for the picture! I bet they might be sourced from the same place that Magpul gets their pistol grip screws. It's head design is too similar and I've never seen it outside of Magpul until now.

Maybe you could take a look at them side by side next to one of Magpul's screws and better judge that assumption... From the pictures they look the same.
    I prefer to keep my AR's 100% made in USA.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I prefer to keep my AR's 100% made in USA.
    As do I. I don't believe that Magpul or SOLGW would be using foreign made anything with the reputations they have. That would really surprise me if they were.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    As do I. I don't believe that Magpul or SOLGW would be using foreign made anything with the reputations they have. That would really surprise me if they were.
    I hope they are made in USA. The fact that they leave out that detail make me suspect.

I recently built a SIG lower for someone out of OEM SIG parts that were purchased directly through SIG and the grip screw came in packaging that said made in Taiwan.

Pay attention to what Mike says about what’s not said…

Last edited by prepare; 05-03-22 at 11:41.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I hope they are made in USA. The fact that they leave out that detail make me suspect.

I recently built a SIG lower for someone out of OEM SIG parts that were purchased directly through SIG and the grip screw came in packaging that said made in Taiwan.

Pay attention to what Mike says about what’s not said…

See, everything he talks about in the majority of the video is why I find it odd that they'd gloss over where their new pistol grip screw comes from and leave it susceptible to questionable quality. The guy is really into the details of what makes a quality part, but you're right about what he said at the end of the video and how they didn't list where their new grip screw is made... Kind of contradictory.

I think they just dropped the ball in including that information in the description and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully they give you an answer.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast