Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLGW COMBO DRIVE GRIP SCREW

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This is the same thing Magpul has been including with their grips as long as I can remember. Magpul does not apply the not fancy coating, but does apply thread locker and are probably made in USA.

So nothing new, or even genius. I guess I wonder why more manufacturers don't include a bolt like this with their grips.

Feedback Score
    SOLGW is my favorite manufacturer.

Getting fasteners specially made in the USA can be difficult.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I love SOLGW products and use them whenever possible. Isn’t he active here? I’d think he see’s this thread and can answer where they are sourced from. Is their a way to tag him here so he can clear things up?

Feedback Score
    Just received a reply from MAGPUL about their grip screws. They said they are in fact made in the USA.

Hopefully SOLGW are too.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The real trick is making sure you have the correct driver bit for those screws. Good luck with that. It's impossible to find quality American made tools these days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanford02 View Post
    The real trick is making sure you have the correct driver bit for those screws. Good luck with that. It's impossible to find quality American made tools these days.
    Brownells has some good screwdriver bits. Though surprisingly I've had good luck with the Wheeler screwdriver bit sets and those are known to be Chinese crap.

Feedback Score
    Chapman has always been a good outfit - made in the USA. Have not ordered anything from them in a few years but assume they are still good to go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Brownells has some good screwdriver bits. Though surprisingly I've had good luck with the Wheeler screwdriver bit sets and those are known to be Chinese crap.
    Yep, I've had almost every bit Brownells makes for at least 30 years and have never had a problem with a single one. I keep the Brownells set on my bench and the biggest Wheeler set in my range bag. Never had a problem with the Wheeler bits either. The biggest problems people ever have with any bit is using the wrong bit for the job, or overdoing it with the really small bits. With either of these sets, there's no excuse for using an ill-fitting bit.

Both brands make the perfect bit for the SOLGW grip screw. I'd bet it's the same bit that works the best with the Magpul screw.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M90A1 View Post
    I keep the Brownells set on my bench and the biggest Wheeler set in my range bag. Never had a problem with the Wheeler bits either.
    I have both Brownell's and Wheeler. One thing I have found is that the Wheeler bit for the Glock front sight screw fits better than the Brownell's bit.

I will have to say that my Wheeler Kit contains bits that I don't think Brownell's makes such as an S&W rebound spring compressor bit and an M1 rear sight bit. Both of which I use.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Another fuking grip screw thread... If SOLGW says theyre USA made, they are. Ill put my personal reputation on it. M4C is turning into arfcom with all the ****tarded threads these days.
    "your AR is shit, change my mind" - Will Larson

I make work horses, not show ponies.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast