Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SOLGW COMBO DRIVE GRIP SCREW

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-0- View Post
    Another fuking grip screw thread...
    The real question is how many pages will it go?

Feedback Score
    Another fuking grip screw thread... If SOLGW says theyre USA made, they are. Ill put my personal reputation on it. M4C is turning into arfcom with all the ****tarded threads these days.
    The amount of butt hurt around here over a couple tech threads about grip screws has been quite entertaining at least.

Why does it rustle so many jimmies? There has obviously been advancement's in screw tech since the 1950s, I think it's time to change from the original Colt slotted Fillister head screw and the external tooth lock washer that aren't even compatible with each other. Has that combo worked for all this time? Yes... By some miracle it actually has, but not because the lock washer is actually doing any locking of a screw head that is too small in diameter to actually properly cover the teeth of the lock washer. No... Colt's "lock" washer has merely been acting as a flat washer with frilly edges this whole time, As do most manufacturers socket head cap screw and external toothed lock washer combinations, which have become more popular simply do to the Allen head drive slot alone.

Magpul and now SOLGW ditching a combination of screws and lock washers that don't actually work together and using a more modern head and combination drive slot set up is certainly something to be happy about. Does it require pages and pages of discussion? Not so much, but it should at lest be noted and the deficiencies of past grip screw and lock washer options pointed out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    The amount of butt hurt around here over a couple tech threads about grip screws has been quite entertaining at least.

Why does it rustle so many jimmies? There has obviously been advancement's in screw tech since the 1950s, I think it's time to change from the original Colt slotted Fillister head screw and the external tooth lock washer that aren't even compatible with each other. Has that combo worked for all this time? Yes... By some miracle it actually has, but not because the lock washer is actually doing any locking of a screw head that is too small in diameter to actually properly cover the teeth of the lock washer. No... Colt's "lock" washer has merely been acting as a flat washer with frilly edges this whole time, As do most manufacturers socket head cap screw and external toothed lock washer combinations, which have become more popular simply do to the Allen head drive slot alone.

Magpul and now SOLGW ditching a combination of screws and lock washers that don't actually work together and using a more modern head and combination drive slot set up is certainly something to be happy about. Does it require pages and pages of discussion? Not so much, but it should at lest be noted and the deficiencies of past grip screw and lock washer options pointed out.
    AMEN👍🏼

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Another fuking grip screw thread... If SOLGW says theyre USA made, they are. Ill put my personal reputation on it. M4C is turning into arfcom with all the ****tarded threads these days.
    How’d you get that upset without even reading the thread?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    How’d you get that upset without even reading the thread?
    Nuts isn't it? I remember way back when the CAMCAR TORX PLUS gas key screws were all the rage here until Ned's OCKS came out, but we can't talk about modernizing grip screws?

To me, considering all that and completely ignoring the grip screw because you never see it down there in the hollow of the pistol grip is retarded.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 05-08-22 at 08:35.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    The real question is how many pages will it go?
    It's a discussion thread on a discussion board. Please participate in the topic or not according to your interest. Hit the report-post button for content that is in violation of site rules. Carry on, and have a great Sunday.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Are they MPI?

Feedback Score
    Finally got an email response from SOLGW and the their new grip screws are made in the USA!
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Finally got an email response from SOLGW and the their new grip screws are made in the USA!
    Great to hear! That pretty much guarantees that these might become my new standard grip screw going forward.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 06-11-22 at 21:55.

Feedback Score
    Changed to the Magpul combo screws as soon as I saw them coming with their grips. The thread locker they use, is by my way of thinking, to hard. I remove it with a 1/4x28 die. The typical receiver threads seem to grip the Magpul screws well enough for my liking that I don"t use any thread locker or lock washer.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast