Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's wrong with the Russian Navy

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

What's wrong with the Russian Navy

The Army thread is getting unwieldy and it looks like the Black Sea might be heating up so time for a new thread.

https://twitter.com/OSINT88/status/1521101607877885957

OSINT-1988
    @OSINT88
    ✈️�� NATO Aircraft currently on station around the Black Sea theatre.

FORTE12 - Northrop Grumman RQ-4B Global Hawk
    REDEYE6 - Boeing E-8C
    NATO11 - Boeing E-3A Sentry
    NO CALLSIGN - Most likely a Boeing P-8 Poseidon
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Supposedly this was somewhere around Snake Island, damaged not sunk the Bayraktar carries pretty small ordnance and it looks like they got one apiece so I'm thinking only one drone.

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status...30972598370306

Ukraine Weapons Tracker
    @UAWeapons
    #Ukraine: Two Russian Project 03160 "Raptor" patrol boats were struck by Ukrainian Navy Bayraktar TB-2 drones this morning in the Black Sea, claimed to be near Snake Island. It is likely there was heavy damage.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-02-22 at 08:32.

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All the Russia/Ukraine threads either die or get unwieldy. Kinda the nature of the beast. I'd rather have 1 mega thread and a few specialized threads than 3-4 massive threads that argue the same damn points over and over.

But, to answer the question, the Russian Navy is little more than a status symbol, a land power attempting to show it is a global power by spending money on fancy ships and tech. Works great until that status symbol is called upon to fight, and you realize nothing works as well as advertised, everything is old and short-handed, and they have little idea how to use what they do have.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    With all the false flag attacks going on in Transdniester it sure looks like Russia would like to open up another front, sure hope Ukraine has some ASM's in the right place. Moldova is very weak but they are a break away from Romania with good relations and could agree to be annexed very quickly. I don't think Putin is going to stop until he's fighting NATO, I guess that will give him an excuse for losing.

https://twitter.com/AlArabiya_Eng/st...23523996393472

Al Arabiya English
    @AlArabiya_Eng
    Tensions are rising in the pro-Russian separatist territory of Trans-Dniester in #Moldova, with ominous comments from #Moscow raising fears that the conflict in #Ukraine may extend to its neighbor.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't think Putin is going to stop until he's fighting NATO, I guess that will give him an excuse for losing.

You know that just dawned on me, if Putin is looking for an exit strategy sucking NATO into a Moldova conflict would give him one, he could claim to have been winning but in the interest of not starting a nuclear war Russia has to negotiate a peace. Then it's all NATO's fault and Russia has to build back better Cold War II.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 05-02-22 at 08:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I don't think Putin is going to stop until he's fighting NATO, I guess that will give him an excuse for losing.

You know that just dawned on me, if Putin is looking for an exit strategy sucking NATO into a Moldova conflict would give him one, he could claim to have been winning but in the interest of not starting a nuclear war Russia has to negotiate a peace. Then it's all NATO's fault and Russia has to build back better Cold War II.
    Entirely possible, though I think he'll still want to frame the outcome as a victory no matter what. Possibly a "We got all this, and could have gotten more, but I was the good guy and didn't want to Nuke the world" argument, as you say.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yeah I don't see him giving up the land bridge to Crimea, but he might give up land locking Ukraine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    #Ukraine: Two Russian Project 03160 "Raptor" patrol boats were struck by Ukrainian Navy Bayraktar TB-2 drones this morning in the Black Sea, claimed to be near Snake Island. It is likely there was heavy damage.
    Ukranian navy using drones because...

They have no damn ships left!

Yeah bud. THAT is a 'winning' Navy for sure!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    All the Russia/Ukraine threads either die or get unwieldy. Kinda the nature of the beast. I'd rather have 1 mega thread and a few specialized threads than 3-4 massive threads that argue the same damn points over and over.

But, to answer the question, the Russian Navy is little more than a status symbol, a land power attempting to show it is a global power by spending money on fancy ships and tech. Works great until that status symbol is called upon to fight, and you realize nothing works as well as advertised, everything is old and short-handed, and they have little idea how to use what they do have.
    The Russians obviously need more LBGTQ sensitivity training and EV for Mother Earth. After our 20 yearlong boondoggle in Afghanistan, and being all woke up, wonder how we’d do with a near peer adversary. Thank god China can’t move anything around.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Two Russian Raptor Fast Attack boats taken out by drone strikes off Snake Island.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast