Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked Report Claims SCOTUS Will Overturn Roe

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Might lead to a last minute push to pack the court. Not sure, but they could bootstrap it by having Breyer not actually step down. Jackson is approved, but not seated- I'm not sure what it would take to actually get her on on the court.
    They haven't stopped trying to pack the court, but it wouldn't go anywhere. Manchin and Sinema are still sticking by upholding the filibuster, and Manchin is pro-life anyway.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm curious because we totally ignore some Federal Laws now, marijuana comes to mind.
    So why isn't this punted back to the States to deal with?
    It seems to me to be more Constitutional. It to me certainly doesn't seem to be a federal issue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    the decision would have come out before the midterm anyway.

Plus, I'm sort of onboard with StyerAUG, I don't think the final opinion will strike down Roe. I think they will simply say that the Mississippi law doesn't violate Roe, it only expands on Casey. They will let Roe stand but allow states to implement more restrictions than Casey allowed. States won't be able to ban it outright, but some may chose to regulate it heavily, like getting a machine gun has been since 1986.
    I think so. However, democrats will characterize it as overturning Roe and endless hyperbole. Democrats desperately need new villains to run against in the midterms. Racists, sexists homophobe villains isn't going to be enough.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 05-03-22 at 09:10.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Here’s the end-game, make it law:

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-...campaign=64487

Planned Parenthood donates too much money to Democrats for this to be left to SCOTUS.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Here’s the end-game, make it law:

https://thepostmillennial.com/biden-...campaign=64487

Planned Parenthood donates too much money to Democrats for this to be left to SCOTUS.
    If they pass a law legalizing abortion nationwide it’ll be interesting to see if they try to do it like New York in Colorado where it’s up to birth at 40 weeks.

The next step, catalyzed by if they try to pass a national law, would be for the pro right to life people to start to make a 14th amendment argument that the unborn is not getting due process.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This was in an email from theSkimm and thought I was really interesting.
    “ This was a leak, and an unprecedented one at that: never in modern history has a draft SCOTUS opinion been disclosed before a decision was announced.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    For the true Christian, it's a matter of God's glory and His justice. If the preceding sentence offends you, you should probably refrain from the reading.

https://protestia.com/2022/05/03/hot...r-the-preborn/

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Let the rabid, unhinged liberals get pushed farther into showing their true hands. As someone already noted, they were coming out anyway in full force to vote this November. They’ve all been assured the sky is falling. Hopefully this just energizes non-liberals even more. I don’t think it’s going to magically make people hate democrats less.
    Do you even get down innagrass, bro?

Feedback Score
    Fun to read thru Twitter. Packing the court, lots of Ginni Thomas mentions (don't know why) and "is this what starts the civil war?".

This is far from over. Now, we'll see a yearly bid to pass a federal law legalizing abortion- and it becomes a political issue in every race. Just a prediction, not saying good or bad.

I don't need religion to believe it is objectively wrong to abort babies.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Roberts has ordered an investigation into the leak and confirmed the opinion is real.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast